Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Well, first of all hi, im Bloodthirst and im new here, this is actually my first post.
So, I played DD once sometime ago, and I built a warrior.Thing is, im sure he wasnt good at all, as I had no idea about how to build him.Im startin fresh new today, and wanted to ask how should I distribute my stats and skills. I know some basics, as STR and VIT being the most important... Thanks!

Support
Support

Don't forget agility. On average, most warriors end up having 2 points strength per level, 2 agility and 1 constitution. Especially at the beginning of the game that will vary, though, based on equipment you find, or the requirements on what you want to use, etc. Constitution generally gets boosted early in the game, and can be ignored later when there are plenty of extra hit points from equipment bonuses.

ARIC'S WARRIOR GUIDE

The game is biased towards swords, with more unique swords in the game than other weapon types. Warriors tend to have lots of spare skill points, though, especially if they rely on purchased or found spell books for mage skills. You should easily be able to max a couple different weapon expertise.

Free skills, and spell books you can buy

I found Stun helpful, but didn't bother with any of the passive damage skills (at low levels they don't get triggered very often, and by the time I was a high enough level to max them, I didn't need the extra boost).

Are you playing the disk version or download? Some of the skills were changed in the download version, though not that would have a big effect on warriors.

If you have 1 skill level of Sword Expertise and Augment Damage (the starting skills for the male warrior), you just have to save and re-load to get another level (at least in the disk version of the game). This works for other characters, but you have to put the first point in those two skills yourself.

Welcome to the forum. wave

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Tnx you a lot friend.Im playin the disc version, got it form amazon ^^

old hand
old hand
If you want the game to be a challenge, don't use the Blade of Chaos. Or any weapon with freeze enchantment.

Support
Support

Even for unique weapons that are always in the game, the stats are random.

I tried a weapon with Frost on it once, but it made fights too easy, so I avoided it after that.

Early Starting Tips

Early Starter Tips (NON-Spoiler Version)

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Once again, tnx both of u guys. This really seems to be a nice community smile And yes, I heard frost weapons made the game too easy.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard