Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted by Lar_q
@Falchor

You can sculpt & paint the landscape quite rapidly. Items can be placed individually, but there's a prefab system that allows you to reuse any grouping of items you placed before. There's also automatic features like wall editing or vegetation placement. As we move closer to release, we'll be releasing quite a lot of info on how to edit worlds.

In terms of the scripting language, it's a different approach than NWN & imho I think it's a lot easier to make a story with it. The two key components are the dialog system & the script logic itself. The scripting language comes with its own tool and has been specifically crafted to be able to tell interactive stories with it. The cool part about is that you quickly get results with it, but it remains quite powerful. As far as dialogs are concerned, that's pretty straightforward too, yet you can still pretty much do anything you can think of.

The idea really is that when we release it, you'll get a full-fledged RPG maker kit where you can make stories than can be played by multiple players, with RPG development methodologies embedded that are based on the knowledge we've accumulated over the years.

This may come a bit too late still, thanks for these encouraging tidbits about the toolset.

TBH I'm more excited about the toolset than the actual game. However, I know that when D:OS is released I have to finish/complete the game in order to get a good overview of what the toolset is capable of.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
I wonder if it will be possible for a group to actually remake Divinity: Sword of Lies out of the editor. It would be rather interesting to at least try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dpGvBZD0q4A#t=235s

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
I wonder if it will be possible for a group to actually remake Divinity: Sword of Lies out of the editor. It would be rather interesting to at least try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dpGvBZD0q4A#t=235s

soooo much love for Larian atm

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
They deserve it

Butler at WoOS - Weresheeps unite!
veteran
veteran
The Editor or better named "the Toolset" will be fanatastic !!

I really hope I can be very inventive & creative to make a nice rpg adventure with the toolset and share this with everyone who want to try it ... ! wink

But when that will be ready?
No idea at all !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard