Why? The story is written by the writers, the environment is designed by concept artists and a level design team. The armour? It's typically not the same people. If anything, it *saves* development time/resources as it's a case of adjusting models/textures, not creating completely separate ones.

One thing is to came up with the design and concept - another - implement it. It requires more than the concept-artist in the end - it requires programmers,3d-modelers, additional work, testing etc. Team work as whole, after all, and Larian is relatively small dev. group. I understand your intention to explain who is responsible for the concept-developing, but it has nothing to do with actual production.

It's not going to get solved if we don't speak out about it. I don't plan to solve it, I think that would take years and a lot of time spent on developer forums, etc. I don't have the patience, the time nor the inclination to do that.

Because there is nothing to solve? Do you consider this a serious question that needs a particular answer? Does the question "what is better coffee or tea" make sense and requires such particular and ultimate answer? No, because it is a matter of opinion and current requirements/conditions. Same with our topic - "aesthetics and art-style/artistic design choice VS realistic approach/representation". There is no question or issue in a first place, it just makes no sense to bring up this question at all. Two sides of one coin.

Last edited by Kein; 25/11/12 08:37 AM.