Originally Posted by Stabbey
I think I should just reiterate: Talking skeleton suicide bombs. This game isn't exactly going for hardcore realism.

As I've said numerous times, that's completely irrelevant. A magic system does not discount any sense of reality. We, as fantasy gamers, accept that in these worlds dragons, the undead, goblins, magicians and other such fantastical constructs exist but that they exist within the laws of that world. The laws of magic do not typically define (though they may affect) other laws - i.e. magic law can exist alongside the laws of physics.

The inclusion of armour suggests a need to be protected in combat. That means the design of the armour should reflect (within the bounds of artistic license) that need - i.e. it should be covering, it should be protecting, and it should be feasible. If you have armour that leaves weak spots (arteries, joints, the centre of the ribcage, etc) exposed, then it is not doing its job as protection.

Or, to put it in crude terms, if you put a hole in the tip of a condom it still covers you but it ceases to be functional as protection. It may still protect you from some things, but its main function will not be carried out.