Originally Posted by WotanAnubis
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Once all of it is going to come together, there should be an avalanche of Dragon Commander news.

That... sounds like a poor marketing strategy (though I don't know anything about marketing).

Wouldn't it make more sense of have semi-steady trickle of titbits to keep the game alive in the 'gamer consciousness' so that the Big News will be noticed more easily?

I mean, all this silence will probably only lead to people losing interst and wandering away to other projects that catch their attention.

Also, avalanches bury people.

I believe this is a good suggestion. It could be better if larian implements a "dev diaries" portion. It wouldn't matter if the old concepts will be shown in the initial dev diaries. In this manner, people won't lose interest and they have a pretty huge expectation in the game. It could also create a feedback/suggestions from forum lurkers improving/polishing your work.

Dev diaries could be done in a bi weekly manner, once every three weeks, or once in a month. IMO, an avalanche is not good because it will create a tremendous interest and a sudden decline of interest because nothing new comes up (much like facebook's IPO as far as its stock value is concerned). It's better if the interest is gradual.

On a side note, I expect a lot in DC.

EDIT:It seems there is a dev diary but in a blog form. Didn't know that bit much because there are no readily available links.

Last edited by henryv; 15/12/12 05:26 AM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"