Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
knightl #460900 23/02/13 10:49 AM
Support
Support

In a recent blog comment, Lar said "June is what we're hoping for", so apparently it is still on track for a May/June release.

Raze #460901 23/02/13 11:18 AM
apprentice
apprentice
So not my birthday, Still a date im putting on the calender!

Being scared of something is being uneducated
knightl #460911 23/02/13 10:35 PM
veteran
veteran
I'm eagerly awaiting more videos that show more than 3 seconds of gameplay at a time. There's not even enough action to follow.

Are they still doing the simple "You win"/"You lose" screens? I thought those were only temporary for the early build. No Starcraft style summary which shows units built/lost buildings built/lost, army units lost?

Stabbey #460920 24/02/13 07:15 AM
old hand
old hand
I'm looking at the trailer right now wink The win/lose screens are followed up by a summary screen which even has importance as it tells you how many units will be left on the campaign map screen.

I know we're late, but we do have a load of stuff coming - if everybody we're seeing over the next three weeks (and the ones we've seen last week) writes about/show what we've been/are showing them, then you're going to be seeing plenty of footage.

Lar_q #460931 24/02/13 09:19 PM
M
addict
addict
M
Is a joystick support (to pilot the dragon) a feature you intend to put in ?

melianos #460965 27/02/13 11:10 AM
apprentice
apprentice

Being scared of something is being uneducated
knightl #460967 27/02/13 01:09 PM
veteran
veteran
That new video is amazing.

About Joystick support - if the dragon controls about the same way it does in Divinity 2, the mouse should actually work just fine to pilot it, without you needing to switch back to another controller for the other modes.

Stabbey #460983 27/02/13 10:10 PM
old hand
old hand
I don't see how we could get the RTS working with a controller at this point. You're going to get a lot of hands-on previews over the coming days/weeks as well as some actual gameplay videos and then you'll understand what I mean.

Stabbey #461018 28/02/13 09:41 PM
M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Stabbey
About Joystick support - if the dragon controls about the same way it does in Divinity 2, the mouse should actually work just fine to pilot it, without you needing to switch back to another controller for the other modes.

This, sir, is an heresy. You don't use a mouse when flying an aircraft (or a dragon), you use a joystick, for Maxos sake !

May Bellegar strike this impudent person, or change him into a chicken !

(I was more thinking of switching to joystick when going in "dragon mode")

melianos #461247 15/03/13 01:01 PM
veteran
veteran

Kein #461250 15/03/13 02:09 PM
journeyman
journeyman
She is the voice actor of Lady Catherine, one of our Generals. According to Henry she is the "Queen of Westbridge".

It would seem that she is going to be a strong force for feminist rights if these dialogue sessions are anything to go by. This would align with Larian Studio's desire to imbue Rivellon with modern day issues, in this case civil rights for women.

Her assistance with the war effort better worth the trouble. I can already feel the undead and dwarf counselors breathing down my neck over wanting to legalize gay marriage and introduce homosexuals into my military, even months before the game's release. If I also have to deal with her demands I may have to go to war with the bonies and shorties at this rate!

Fernando #461251 15/03/13 03:07 PM
veteran
veteran
That's fantastic.

Fernando #461254 15/03/13 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Fernando
Her assistance with the war effort better worth the trouble. I can already feel the undead and dwarf counselors breathing down my neck over wanting to legalize gay marriage and introduce homosexuals into my military, even months before the game's release. If I also have to deal with her demands I may have to go to war with the bonies and shorties at this rate!

I think I'll approach the Undead (and to a lesser extent the Dwarves) the same way I approach the Religious faction in Tropico 4: Forget them. They're useless and their constant whining doesn't help any. I'll throw a church their way when funds allow and I don't have anything useful to build, but that's about it.

Translated to Dragon Commander: I think I'm gonna have to do without a lot of Undead support. They may toss out a good idea from time to time that I'll be happy to adopt, of course, but on the whole I'm not in favour of theocratic policies so I doubt we'll see eye-to-eyesocket on many an issue.

Fernando #461255 15/03/13 06:21 PM
old hand
old hand
What is the voice actress name ? Also do they improvise or is the text pre-written ?

She is the voice actor of Lady Catherine, one of our Generals. According to Henry she is the "Queen of Westbridge".

It would seem that she is going to be a strong force for feminist rights if these dialogue sessions are anything to go by. This would align with Larian Studio's desire to imbue Rivellon with modern day issues, in this case civil rights for women.

WotanAnubis #461257 15/03/13 06:27 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by WotanAnubis

Translated to Dragon Commander: I think I'm gonna have to do without a lot of Undead support. They may toss out a good idea from time to time that I'll be happy to adopt, of course, but on the whole I'm not in favour of theocratic policies so I doubt we'll see eye-to-eyesocket on many an issue.

I suppose that makes sense. If the only repercussions to angering the dwarf and undead factions (don't know if I'll have trouble with the lizards) is a few missed cards and resources then one could manageable play the game though with harder difficulties than if one had simply compromised their principles.

Originally Posted by meme
What is the voice actress name ? Also do they improvise or is the text pre-written ?

I don't know who the voice actress is, but the developers have said they were going to hire professional voice actors and the lines would naturally be scripted. Though I am sure they work out the kinks when the actors are actually reading it (if it sounds funny and etc).

Last edited by Fernando; 15/03/13 06:30 PM.
Fernando #461258 15/03/13 06:44 PM
Support
Support
If the only repercussions to angering the dwarf and undead factions (don't know if I'll have trouble with the lizards) is a few missed cards and resources then one could manageable play the game though with harder difficulties than if one had simply compromised their principles.

If you tick off a population too much, you can have strikes and uprising in those territories, which will mean a loss of gold and resources you would otherwise get. Leaving additional troops in areas where the population is discontent will prevent that, but that leaves less troops for the front lines.

Raze #461259 15/03/13 07:07 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze

If you tick off a population too much, you can have strikes and uprising in those territories, which will mean a loss of gold and resources you would otherwise get. Leaving additional troops in areas where the population is discontent will prevent that, but that leaves less troops for the front lines.

Oh, right, forgot about that. The devs went over it in a video. Well that makes things harder... ouch

Fernando #461260 15/03/13 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Raze

Oh, right, forgot about that. The devs went over it in a video. Well that makes things harder... ouch

I, for one, am not going to compromise my ideals for the sordid, secular sake of politics.

Well, not during my first playthrough anyway.

WotanAnubis #461262 15/03/13 09:21 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Well said smile

Fernando #462052 06/04/13 01:17 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Kickstarter>dev diaries! hope Dragon commander got one too...? though it's feasible to get one after the release since DC is more of an experiment I suppose.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard