Actually to be more accurate Grim Dawn started with a pre-order on their site a year or two before the kickstart campaign (they made it clear in the pre-order that they were using the money to fund the development with no promises - think of it as a 'self' kickstart). Then kickstart became a fad and their fans encourage them to add a kickstart. I was kind of disappointed they didn't do better as they are a great bunch of folks with a bit of hard luck but it is as it is. Not to discredit them as I did support their kickstart; but I am definitely am more eager for Divinity Original Sin then Grim Dawn - just a personal preference for deeper rpg and tbs over hack/slash (though of the hack/slash group I found titan quest much more enjoyable than diablo series or torch light series).

Originally Posted by Raze

I would think Larian is looking into alternate payment methods. I haven't really followed any kickstarter campaigns, but know at least a few also have a paypal option (not that that is really popular in Europe, either, AFAIK).
Crate Entertainment set up pre-orders for Grim Dawn from their website with categories similar to the kickstarter tiers (after the kickstarter ended).

EDIT: There is a short FAQ at the bottom of the kickstarter page:

Will there be a way to support through PayPal?

Yes, we are working on it. As soon as it's implemented, we will link to it.

Last edited by meme; 29/03/13 12:18 PM.