Originally Posted by kno127
[rant on]
I was delighted when i found out, that larian makes a kickstarter. thus i backed it instantly, since i already knew their work from all other games.

But these discussions about women and their clothing/body or whatever is starting to wear me down and now i find out larian did not only self-censor D:OS but also Dragon Commander..

It hurts me to the bones that they would do such a thing, compromising their integrity, just to please a minotiry, most of whom probably wont even buy a/the game. As a result of this i will probably not back another kickstarterproject nor buy any other game . it will not be a big change, the last few years i only played some very special chosen games. and i guess most devs/publisher can live without one buyer. but i am guessing there will be more that feel this way soon.

well with this i am off. goodbye
[rant off]

In what way is Dragon Commander self-censoring according to you?

Larian probably just didn't think that much of the cover. Just asked the artist to make some concept art that shows the main point of the game. 2 characters, that need to work together but not necessarily have to agree (holding hands while not looking happy).

This possible cover art, does not mean that every girl in the game is gonna be half nude. Div2 didnt have half nude females ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNO0SbW0HIM ).

All in all, I'm a bit surprised about reactions on both sides. I never tought much of it. But calling this self-censorship is a bit much. Since they promote this a bit as a game that you can play with a girlfriend, and you don't want to offend them, they just cloth her up a bit more on the promotional artwork. Dont make this a bigger deal than it is.