Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello again!
I have a couple of questions which wonder me
1)Will be Four-Headed Dragon who was mentioned at Kickstarter Trailer(at very end of video)
2)Can we ressurect creatures like Divine Divinity?
3)Will be there Diary with funny comments about Heroes` stats,about killed monsters etc...like in previous games?
4)Can we make note on the map?
5)Will I have possibility to buy D:OS with all bonuses (for example with Zandalor Trunks etc...)
6)Will be there Wisdom skill?
7)Can we make creature of enemy finiteness like Divinity 2?Or will be summoning doll or something like that(I know about Elementals and Mercenaries)
8)Will be there creatures who can teleport in almost any point on battlefield in Combat -like Arch-Devil in Heroes of Might and Magic 3 ?
I cannot remember any question and I have some ideas about every aspect of the game.Thank you in advance!!

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
veteran
veteran
2) They did mention necromancy skills - there was a talent to improve those, so most likely.
3) Yes!
4) Yes!
5) You missed the Kickstarter, huh? I don't know, Raze will have to answer that.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Unfortunately I missed it because I had problems with my credit card((((
Thank you)

Support
Support

I don't know if there will be any kind of kickstarter-tier-like pre-order package for D:OS. Some of the add-ons may be purchasable from the Larian Vault.

Given the work being put into mercenaries/companions and summons, I wouldn't expect a summoning doll or creature type system, as well.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hmmm it`s not bad news!I will looking for this.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello everybody I have another couple of questions from fan to fans)

1)Will be there Were-creatures (were-wolves for example? )not only weresheep,Can we turn out were- wolves or will be the weather system affect for werewolf`s abilities,condition? Maybe there will be unique spell or ability for this if it`s at all

2)I was intriqued about Kickstarter Update #44 especially at "What happened at T-66666 ?"

It was inspired me very much and I have Idea and Question at the same time

-To make creature/character under name T-66666 likewise Terminator`s series(T-1000 T-800) -It will supposed to be mighty and almost invulnerable secret boss who will hunt for you through entire game If/after you something have done(for example when you found secret weresheep cave or easteregg zone\something related to Kickstarter or killed one of weresheep or too many of them)

And Player should quickly decide run away or fight with it by using different methods,equipment\items etc...likewise at Resident Evil 3 when you fighting against the Nemesis

This creature will appear several times even if you can defeat it at the first time

If you hurt this creature quite enough it will change it`s form and appearance (you can see its bones or its deep wounds)

My question is- Will be there such creature/character? If not then I think it`s idea

3)The most stupid question I ever asked -Will the windows be fully open or can we explore\look in the house through the window when we are standing next to it- as was at Dungeon Siege 1?

4)Will be there World map?

5)Can we select hyperlink of(interested) topic in the text itself and not only from topic list?

6)The main question -In the Update 44`s video about Fantom Lair it`s shown F*CKING huge dungeon

My question is -It`s ONE of levels of it or we saw whole dungeon at all?

7)When Alpha version is supposed to be?If I understand correctly D:OS won`t be at Nov 2013 am I right?

8)Will be there achivement system? not only Steam but in-game like Divinity 2?

9)Will be there Statistics about how many time we spend for the game etc... Like Mass Effect Series?
Thank you in advance guys!!

Last edited by James 540; 21/09/13 11:46 AM.

Support
Support

I think multiple levels of the Phantom Lair were shown, but not all of it (possibly most of it in the zoomed out view, though).

At least during the fanday Larian said the alpha would probably start this month. There will be a kickstarter update next week. With the Dragon Commander release being moved back a month, that will push back D:OS, as well.

veteran
veteran
3)The most stupid question I ever asked -Will the windows be fully open or can we explore\look in the house through the window when we are standing next to it- as was at Dungeon Siege 1?

No, DOS will feature fixed camera.

4)Will be there World map?

I assume so.

5)Can we select hyperlink of(interested) topic in the text itself and not only from topic list?

????

7)When Alpha version is supposed to be?If I understand correctly D:OS won`t be at Nov 2013 am I right?

The Alpga still may happen this month, may be next. Final release of course -- MOST LIKELY -- won't make it in 2013.

8)Will be there achivement system? not only Steam but in-game like Divinity 2?

I think it was once mentioned, yes.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
@Kein-As far as I know there will be keyword sysyem like Morrowind and there you could choose hyperlink of topics(blue coloured words) directly from the text of dialog.

My question was-Can we do the same in D:OS?

Or maybe Yours '???' means that there is no information yet ?

Support
Support

Based on feedback during the kickstarter, Larian decided to move away from the keyword system. They originally designed it that way to help keep the screen from becoming too much of a wall of text, and were going to see how people felt about it during the alpha/beta (apparently the people they had in-house playtesting it generally liked the implementation, even they didn't usually like keyword based dialog systems).

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
As I understtod then there will be different dialog options (like previous games)?

Last edited by James 540; 23/09/13 12:55 AM.

Support
Support

Yes. There were always some full dialog lines, like when the main characters can agree or disagree about something. In the kickstarter builds, the dialog system used keywords for common situations (like asking people if they know anything about the statues at the top of a cliff after you find a note about them).

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you Godfather of Larian))!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Cool update!!! and its sooo wonderful amazing marvellous splendid excellent brilliant MEGA-HYPER-SUPER gorgeous beautiful the best of the best of the best of the best of the best............. RPG game I ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what I meant about fully open windows

[Linked Image]
AND My dream come true birthdayjump thankyou party cheer horsey
P.S YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESY YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by James 540; 27/09/13 02:49 AM.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello again !
Sorry for little off-top But could you tell me -What programm I should use to download Larian`s livestreams from Twitch.tv? Because I`m want to see it at ANY time whenever I want

Support
Support

You can use, for example, the Firefox add-on Flash Video Downloader to download videos from twitch.tv (etc). Their website has a web interface for downloading videos, but it doesn't seem to support twitch.tv, but KeepVid does.

EDIT: For the Flash Video Downloader add-on, it only detects / downloads videos that are playing (or started, anyway; they can be paused). Since the Q&A video is actually split into 3 parts, I would assume you could start the video to download the first section (which does work), then skip forward more the half an hour for the second, and then skip to somewhere in the last 25 minutes to get the end (when I tried that I got 2 different flv files, but neither could be played). When you skip forward in twitch.tv a time indicator gets added to the URL, which I think is what is causing a problem with Flash Video Downloader (it seems to be downloading the second and third videos from the marker, rather than the beginning.

EDIT 2: Twitch Tools

Last edited by Raze; 01/10/13 03:41 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Lately, I've seen a list of skills in D:OS (can't remember which video!), and I've seen there will be a sneaking skill. So, will we be able to separate our characters? Like, can I explore an entire dungeon floor with one character without the others following me? What's the max distance between characters?

Support
Support

The entire party needs to be together to change map areas (comparable in size to the first map in Divine Divinity), but other than that the main characters can separate. Any henchmen / companions will automatically follow their respective main character, unless you tell them to 'wait here' or send them to the shelter plane at the end of time to wait for you there.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
What level of depth are the npc schedules going to be at? Are they going to be on par with ultima 7 or are they going to be watered down like the elder scrolls?

Support
Support

Larian is aiming more towards Ultima 7, that being one of the inspirations for D:OS (blog post). One of the kickstarter update videos mentioned NPCs outdoors needing to react to rain, and the latest describes the impact that having to have somewhere for NPCs to go at night made in the starting town.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard