Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by meme
What is the ratio of male Italian game players to female Italian game players and which are more demanding for a good translation ?

I don't believe that's relevant here. Female and Male Italians both speak the same language you know wink

old hand
old hand
But do they speak the same language equally well ? Anyway I wasn't being too serious and I do hope that at the end of the day you realize your hope of an italian verison of D:OS.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by meme
But do they speak the same language equally well ? Anyway I wasn't being too serious and I do hope that at the end of the day you realize your hope of an italian verison of D:OS.
it is our dream...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by bruco31
I'm an Italian fan of yours. Some friends of mine (and I believe many other Italians) are very interested in Divinity: Original Sin, but they don't know the English language very well. The absence of an Italian localization has stopped them backing Divinity: Original Sin and very likely will stop them buying your game. However, they really want to play this game.

What's more, I suppose that the main problem which doesn't allow you to release an Italian version of the game is because you haven't found an Italian distributor yet. We believe that FX Interactive could manage the sales in Italy (as well in Spain), also because we trust in them. The Italian localization of the FX's games has ever been excellent.

We have been wondering if it would be possible to reach an agreement between Larian Studios and FX. In order to achieve this agreement, the Italian fans can give you their support, though I don't know how much strong could be our voice.

Let us know =)

I am another italian fanatic fan!
Divinity it's a very good RPG. But, in Italian it's better.
More immersion! I support this topic, strong!

An Italian player, that fight with English language :'(

apprentice
apprentice
no news? frown

Support
Support

Nothing yet. I wouldn't expect much news on D:OS until after Dragon Commander is released.

apprentice
apprentice
I see that dragon commander did not come out in italian ... I'm losing hope for original sin, too bad, I loved so much all Larian games ... goodbye

addict
addict
I am definitely not a native English speaker, and so are plenty of people who play games in English. You don't see people running around demanding that games be localized in their language, and there sure are plenty of languages, or they don't play. And that is for a very good reason along the lines of "you adapt to the world, not ask the world to adapt to you".

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I am another italian fanatic fan!
Divinity it's a very good RPG. But, in Italian it's better.
More immersion! I support this topic, strong!

An Italian player, that fight with English language :'(

U
stranger
stranger
U
I hope in a translation in Italian

apprentice
apprentice
all dead here
I'm really angry

enthusiast
enthusiast
first of all..I don't get the fuss, I'm native dutch speaking and speak english and french on the side, and I don't feel appalled by Larian not creating the game in Dutch (tbh, it would be weird)

second -> editor is coming,game will be steamwork integrated, even if larian doesn't make an italian localization (which is no reason to frown upon them, don't forget they're not a ginormous studio, they need to carefully manage their recourses as to be able to produde the NEXT rpg to trump them all)
don't tell me there will not be heaps of users willing to use this engine to create translations smile

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
stranger
stranger
It would be great if the editor comes with a tool that makes amateur translations/subtitles possible: in the past, if you wanted to translate something in a language that was not included in the package, you had to extract files which had all the dialogues messed up, so it was up to you to re-order them in a workable fashion, but it was very time consuming.

But if we had a subtitles/text editor where we can edit dialogue lines in a orderly fashion (from the start to the end of the game), with a clear interface, I bet a lot of volounteers would show up to do the work for you, Larian smile (and, as an italian myself, I would be happy to contribute!)

addict
addict
so far, google translate is the best option for the english non-friendly persons ^^

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Support
Support

In the kickstarter comments someone asked about the possibility of crowd sourcing an Italian translation if no distributor could be found, which (at least at the time) Larian was open to the possibility of. Even if they don't decide to go that route if there is no official localization, there may be some support to help make fan made translations easier (dialog import/export tools).

K
stranger
stranger
K
I hope it is made a translation into Italian.

journeyman
journeyman
Back when I started playing Visual Novels, I enjoyed them immensely, then I find that most of them are untranslated from Japanese, the good ones I'd been waiting for, and waiting for fan translations according to forum posts and dates took months to years. This spilled over into anime shows, and from there partially translated literature in other languages that I enjoyed. I didn't complain, I got off my butt and learned the languages in question to continue with my hobbies ( hobbies at the time), rather than wait an undetermined amount of time for someone else to do the work when the payoff for them was very very low.

I've done so for other people complaining about this topic in the past, there are many tools online you can use to translate the game (not well I'll admit) into just about any language you can think of in real time, as you play it. The sentence construction will be horrid, lots of grammar mistakes, but you'll understand what's happening well enough.

journeyman
journeyman
All that said, if I get support from one or two industrious people and have the time myself I'd be willing to do fan translations into any language requested. We'll have to wait and see about that for the moment though, tough times frown.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I hope for an italian translation tooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

G
stranger
stranger
G
HI. I'm an italian fan and I love all your games!!!! Please give us a dream, give us the possibility to play this masterpiece in italian too. If you haven't found an Italian distributor yet I think that FX Interactive could be perfect for the sales in Italy and Spain too!!! The Italian localization of the FX games is always exceptional. So if possible, make a deal Larian Studios and FX Interactive, we would love that.
You are one of the best software house, I love your work, surely you will find a distributor in Italy.

Please hear our voices!!!

hehe

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard