@WotanAnubis I don't know what kind of context you refer to, but between waring tribes, "hotness" either caused war or stop war, there are countless incidents of this happening in eastern/western history. Maybe in a more stable environment where "hotness" is secondary when a dude with ambition would undergo such route, or a weaker nation would accept marriage to appeal to stronger nation by taking one of it's king's daughter as queen thus strong extends the political power and weak maybe exchange for security.

But in our case, our protagonist obviously is a strong contender to conquer that world, that's why he get to choose between princesses. In this case usually genetic kicks in, and somehow human prefer beautiful(in the standard of that culture) woman to bear their offspring. If our protagonist is a lizard race, maybe the princesses has to be more muscular to appeal.

Larian could just offer different type of clothing as choices, or people can create a "realistic" clothing/appearance mod for DC, that would solve the case. But consider people talking about Larian self-censoring their own content, while they are smaller studio compare to say CD Projekt Red(who don't give a fuck how people saying about their use of female character in game), their biggest pressure still comes from press and consumer. They want to get more positive exposure from press, and appeal to more consumer base while still remain their artistic integrity.

Ultimately people vote with their wallet, I say let Larian do their decision and we can check if Macbeth said is true or not. I got this game from backing D:OS, so I don't get the choice to buy it or not with these minor personal preferences.