Originally Posted by WotanAnubis
I'd actually like there to be a Citizen Kane. Heck, I'd settle for Sleepless in Seattle.

I mean, how many Citizen Kanes do videogames have anyway? Games so groundbreaking they force the world to admit that games, like films, can be art (even though they don't always have to be)?

I'm not saying Transformers 2 shouldn't be allowed to exist or anything, but can't we at least aspire to something better?

NOTE: I don't exactly watch much films and no television at all, so I'm going by assumption here based on the tone of your posts.

If you want films with meaningful stories you will have to go outside the Hollywood productions and look into the alternative circuit. The same goes for books. And the same goes for games.

If you are claiming there are no games with good storytelling or deep characters I suggest having a look at The Longest Journey, Planescape: Torment, Deus Ex, Mass Effect (the first), ... There's quite a few of them and there will only be more, you just have to find them, as with the other media.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...