Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
apprentice
apprentice
This trailer was incredible. I just had a 3 hour drive back from another state and was wondering what was going to be shown. Seeing the trailer upon sitting down...I was floored. I cannot wait to get lost for hours exploring every nook and cranny, talking to e very npc and trying to find everything I can.

AND we get a PFH in under a month. My excitement levels are engaged and at maximum.

addict
addict
I agree it looks amazing Larian have outdone themselves if this quality flows throughout. Hell if it’s even close at almost 500 hours since early access began I shudder to think how much time I will lose myself in this game.
I’ve waited probably 35 years or more for this & I truly believe Larian are going to deliver !
Thank you Larian and keep it up.

Did I see new panel from hell July 7th? - latest news forum ….I hope so that will be awesome 👏

Last edited by Tarorn; 12/06/23 01:51 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by odesseiron81
This trailer was incredible. I just had a 3 hour drive back from another state and was wondering what was going to be shown. Seeing the trailer upon sitting down...I was floored. I cannot wait to get lost for hours exploring every nook and cranny, talking to e very npc and trying to find everything I can.

AND we get a PFH in under a month. My excitement levels are engaged and at maximum.

Actually that's a good point. All the little secrets that are in just the first locations, the blighted village for example, just imagine an entire city?? If they've put the same amount of detail into BG as they have the rest, that's impressive for sure.

Noticed we haven't seen a single night time sequence in either of the trailers, although there was some lamp posts strewn about the place...
Lets hope they actually get put to use sometime during gameplay, as it stands its gonna feel static and bland for me after a while.
Still, gotta give them the respect for making the place (seemingly) huge.

veteran
veteran
Looks great. I'm actually happy to see all the light and bright colors - that's the way I remember BG1, I was afraid they were going to really lean into the "Baldurs Gate = Gotham City" theme that WotC had mentioned.

Also happy to hear that everyone has story! One of the best things about BG1 - you could break into someone's kitchen and start up a conversation. Well, perhaps not a conversation but some fun easter eggs and, sometimes, a quest.

As Boblawblah it would be nice to have an independent review but that looks like it won't happen until after release. Hoping that some forum members became test players . . .

veteran
veteran
Oh, and the Hollyphant - I wonder if it's the same one from Decent into Avernus? And I wonder that means if Zariel is still alive and evil in BG3?

L
addict
addict
L
The trailer looked fantastic. Sounds like a lot of content, alot of NPC and im assuming a lot of mini missions/ side quests too.
Maybe 1000 npc's will make the city feel alive.
Cant wait to run around BG and just see the sights! Then remember ive got a mission and get back to it, lol

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Oh, and the Hollyphant - I wonder if it's the same one from Decent into Avernus? And I wonder that means if Zariel is still alive and evil in BG3?
it may not be Lulu。 but Zariel is live and well as archdevil is pretty confirmed as she sends people after Karlach.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ALexws
it may not be Lulu。 but Zariel is live and well as archdevil is pretty confirmed as she sends people after Karlach.

Which is interesting. If it is Lulu she might want the heroes to redeem Zariel . . .

old hand
old hand

That's what I've been wondering, right from the beginning. Zariel also has a score to settle with the Hell Riders.

Baldurs Gate looks really promising. However, I really hope it won't just stay in the capital. It's hard for me to imagine Fireballs, Thunder Wave, Tidal Waves?, etc. pp. being cast in the city or in cramped houses, battles in confined spaces, so to speak, and then with civilians as well... Especially if the AI is as half-baked as in the Nere fight...

veteran
veteran
We know Zariel isn't redeemed because Karlach is running from her. I think you can even see her in hell through the vision you get when first meeting.

According to Niara, no module is supposed to disrupt the status quo either, but I'm not sure that applies as readily to computer game adaptations.

old hand
old hand
BTW, knowing Larian's other titles, the thing I am a bit concerned about is the amount of brain damage from all the world voice lines coming from THAT amount of NPCs. I can't imagine them handling it well without some proper adjustments to the sound system. Give us an option to regulate this madness at least. I don't want "Keeping it together Bree" times 100 tbh.

veteran
veteran
Looks great ! Can't wait to walk and play in that city !

About NPC I really hope that they will remove the "cinematic view" for dialogues with NPC that just have a line to say (without the player being able to interract).
If not, it's really going to be boring after a while with all those NPCs.

About flying I'm not particularly exciting because it looks exactly the same as currently (does not really matter to me though).

Last edited by Maximuuus; 12/06/23 05:27 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
We know Zariel isn't redeemed because Karlach is running from her. I think you can even see her in hell through the vision you get when first meeting.

According to Niara, no module is supposed to disrupt the status quo either, but I'm not sure that applies as readily to computer game adaptations.

Niara knows her stuff.

The module had one of three endings:

1. party signs a contract with Zariel
2. party kills evil zariel
3. party, with the help of Lulu, redeems Zariel

Now the module has a pretty dark recommendation for the DM if the redemption attempts fails. Lulu, the cute comic relief companion, goes permanently insane. But in BG3 Zariel is both evil and alive. And we have a Holyphant in the game - perhaps Lulu has recovered from her insanity and is ready to try again? Could be fun.

On cannon - the current WotC policy is weird. It's essentially everything is cannon and nothing is. They've even been putting out conflicting cannon stories to underline this point. "Who is Asmodus? One rumor says . . . " (and, to complicate matters, Greenwood says that policy violates the legal agreement WotC signed with him. He states that the novels are still cannon)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Leucrotta
The dead beholder might look familiar to those of you who played Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.
Its spectator. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Argyle
That winged elephant could be either a hollyphant, or a delirium tremens symptom. Either way, I want one.
I hated it.
Made me think of the freak show that Star Wars is (remember Anakin's owner?). Ewww ...

TBH - Hollyphant LOL!

As to the city - part of the work was done in 1998, right?
Also, it finally dawned on me - what is the Copper Coronet doing in Baldur's Gate? Or is using beached ships for taverns a "thing" in Fearun?

Last edited by Buba68; 12/06/23 06:29 AM.
veteran
veteran
I really liked the trailer, it's more of what I was hoping for and I think it's a better way to market to people who aren't familiar with the game. I certainly found it a more exciting trailer than the Gortash one personally. I only wish that they had gone into a little bit more detail about the city as a city. Like, specifically calling out and maybe describing one or two places of interest we'll eventually get to go. But we can't have everything, as they say.

addict
addict
Really like this!
But still NOT a single shot with rain/environmental effects or darkness in the city...its always sunny :((( Like time in Faerun stand still.
I really hope we will get to walk Baldurs Gate at night, or in atmospheric damp fog, slight rain, rare snow during the winter months, dusk sunset colors, thunder roll, wind, etc...(many are trademarks of Baldur's Gate games). And Ultima 7 did it in 1992, 31 years ago.
I will be utterly disappointed if the city during the entire game stays 12oclock noon sunny 24/7...

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 12/06/23 07:54 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
veteran
veteran
I finally saw the animated trailer they apparently put before the real one and that was actually really fun. I loved seeing the group interacting like that. They actually felt like a real party, rather than the disparate, disconnected posse they've been in EA. I desperately hope we get more of that kind of interaction in the actual game and the companions aren't just all off in their individual islands, only having meaningful interaction via the PC. Even if they're not meant to feel like a cohesive group just yet, they should at least feel like a group of people travelling together and developing dynamics.

I also loved Lae'zel's liine about being very funny by githyanki standards. I love the trope of the stoic badass actually being super funny by the standards of their own people. I hope that's actually something that comes out more in the full game. I can believe it too because Lae'zel is actually very eloquent and well-spoken, which lends itself to a certain kind of dry humor really well.

Also the video reminded me; what is the deal with that frog? Seriously. I've encountered it several times and even used speak with animals and have never been able to understand what it was and why it was so tough. Like... seriously what's the story? I assume Ethel screwed him over somehow but I do not have any idea about the details. Someone DM me if they have an explanation and don't want to distract the thread, because I really want an answer.

veteran
veteran
Yeah same about night.
Roaming BG at night in the first games was so much different than during the day.
It would be awesome to roam the land and city at night in BG3 !

Last edited by Maximuuus; 12/06/23 08:42 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard