Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Ah, indeed, that explains it.
Hm, maybe display a small card in the country where it was placed, similar to what is done when you play a card to build a building for free? Unless this happens, too, and I'm struck by temporal blindness...

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by watser
I LOVE the sabotage cards. You know your foe is *insert unit*-friendly, place that card in the blind spot and watch him moan as his favourite unit just got worthless!

I had the AI use a card that reduced shaman movement speed on me.
They were practically reduced to stationary healing structures, as it took them ages to creep across the battlefield. Very nasty.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
This indeed happens^^ - however it is only shown during the turn progression. Since the camera follows the events during this phase it is very easy to miss. Try to scroll manually during the turn progression and if you see any card on the country click on it - that is how I found it out^^.

addict
addict
Other type of movement stopping:
Say you move a large army from country A to enemy country B.
Country B sends one unit to country A in the same turn.
Owner of country B executes his turn BEFORE owner of country A.
The result is that the units from country A will never move to country B and there will be a fight in country A, not country B.

And it's always been like this :p

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Yes, this other possibility I knew and understood.
Somehow I didn't think of the possibility that the AI might use cards, though.
Maybe because in the early beta-builds the AI didn't do so well with cards.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by El Zoido
Yes, this other possibility I knew and understood.
Somehow I didn't think of the possibility that the AI might use cards, though.
Maybe because in the early beta-builds the AI didn't do so well with cards.

That is indeed true. The AI has been very much improved since the early-beta builds.

journeyman
journeyman
Hey, just a question. Do you think we will be able to test the 1 p campaign too ? I mean, It deserve to be tested or is it ok ?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Grinsevent
Hey, just a question. Do you think we will be able to test the 1 p campaign too ? I mean, It deserve to be tested or is it ok ?

Larian has said that single-player is coming to the beta, but only a sample, and even they don't know when it will be put into the beta.

addict
addict
If you were to ask me, I'd say that I don't see why we should not test the whole or most of the campaign before release. Unless Larian has some supertastic (yes, I made a word for it) QA that there wouldn't be any kinks for beta testers to sniff out and report.

Why would you buy the game if you were able to play the whole campaign when you got a free beta key. The first campaign map in single player is a good appetizer imo.

addict
addict
Mmm, point taken. I wasn't thinking from that perspective, I was only thinking from the beta testing perspective.

veteran
veteran
Something like the press beta will be available for the closed public beta as well - which means that only the first chapter of the single player campaign (=kind of tutorial) will be playable).... wink

WOOS
old hand
old hand
What is a 'closed' public beta ?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by meme

There is limited access - only a set number of keys are being released. An open beta can be downloaded by anyone.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
By the way, is there a special reason, why I seem to automatically win every RTS match in the campaign, when there's more than one AI faction?
Had it happen two or three times now: I invade a AI controlled country the same turn as another AI, the battle starts but within a few seconds i get the victory screen.

old hand
old hand
Oh I thought anyone who pre-purchased the game had beta.

Originally Posted by Stabbey

There is limited access - only a set number of keys are being released. An open beta can be downloaded by anyone.

journeyman
journeyman
Yay, somebody else brought up the topic! laugh

I've been wondering about D:DC's SP beta; normally I'd say giving us access one week before release would be good, but that'd be right in the middle of when I want to focus on (let's) playing Shadowrun Returns. Dilemma inbound.

And yeah, if the beta were restricted to pre-purchases (note: not pre-orders), they could gradually open up the single-player chapters, but as it stands, doing so would be borderline suicidal. Well, I guess they could give pre-purchases a separate demo key that is single-player-only in addition to the key for the semi-public multiplayer-only demo that is out now.

However, knowing myself, I usually stay far away from SP betas (and the respective KS reward tiers unless they also offer other stuff) as I replay games way more seldom than I'd like to to begin with. Giving us access to a significant but incomplete chunk of the game would be even worse, as it'd be a huge amount of spoilers with no pay-off. Therefore I'm perfectly content with eventually getting to play the first chapter in advance just to get a feel of the RP part and the characters. smile

Proud Probatanthrope

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)
journeyman
journeyman
Oh I thought anyone who pre-purchased the game had beta.

Originally Posted by Stabbey

GOG pre-purchases aren't included for technical reasons. And on the other, more important hand, promotional keys are also handed out, primarily through Alienware.

Proud Probatanthrope

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)
journeyman
journeyman
Thanks, I already read long time ago it would come, but didn't know if we get any news... I know they are working like imps to finish the game, and as the SP campaign will be the core of this game, I wondered ... Remember the early MP ... And seing the progress now.

I already own the game, so, I won't by it again for myself ^^ but first chapter may be useful.

old hand
old hand
Balancing comments:
Not sure how long some of these changes have been in.
I like the changes to the campaign map. Higher research costs for upper tier units like balloons. It was way too easy before to hurry to balloons and just stomp everything. Much better now.

Also in favor of just starting with hunters as it is now. Anyone with a brain researched them first anyway.

I do not like the inclusion of free dragon skills though. Having them blank emphasized what you research to a greater degree. Invest early in units, suffer on the dragon. Now you can get by a little easier and the trade off isn't as significant.

Suggestions:
Is there a way you can place a greater emphasis on when your opponent uses a card against you? I know it pops up on the right but frankly watching the 'replay' is tedious. I think if a card is placed on your land it should pop up in a way that is more obvious.

Also could we get a hotkey for "skip replay"/"end turn" or is there one and I'm just not aware of it? Spacebar would be good.

Also great work on the AI, getting better every patch.
And Dynamic game speed is great.

Last edited by SniperHF; 18/07/13 08:33 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard