Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
You start out with either Hunters (Mountain), Shamans (Zephyr), or Warlocks (Sabre), researched depending on your Dragon choice.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Bukeagle
Is anyone else missing ambient effects in some of the skirmish maps? To test, turn music all the way down, and see if you can hear any ambient sounds such as wind, or birds.

I don't seem to be getting ambient effects in a couple maps I checked, but I'm not sure where they are suppose to be. Unit sounds are proximity based, so I don't know if there weren't ambient sounds, or I just didn't have the camera at a location where they were being played.
I usually have the music on, so have not heard birds or wind at all.

EDIT: with the latest beta (137) I am getting wind immediately on the Frost Isles and Emerald Mountain maps, reduced at low altitudes.

Last edited by Raze; 19/07/13 12:13 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by El Zoido
By the way, is there a special reason, why I seem to automatically win every RTS match in the campaign, when there's more than one AI faction?
Had it happen two or three times now: I invade a AI controlled country the same turn as another AI, the battle starts but within a few seconds i get the victory screen.

Could you provide a bit more info on this problem?
Are you starting the fight with a very high win percentage ? like 90%+ ?

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Larian_QA

Could you provide a bit more info on this problem?
Are you starting the fight with a very high win percentage ? like 90%+ ?

I'm not 100% sure about it, but I thought the win percentage was definitely lower than 90%. Maybe in the 70s?
I'll try to recreate it (it doesn't happen so often that I invade a country at the same time as another AI, but everytime it did happen, I won automatically) and report my findings.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Still working on it...

Of course the AI now refuses to invade another AI country the same turn as me and whenever it does, my units get delayed bacause their country is attacked.

I just found out that I can't load saved games unfortunately, so testing is a bit more complicated than I had hoped for.

veteran
veteran
Are you sure you can't load saved games? I have to hit the button, pick the game, and then add AI partners before it'll let me load, but it does work.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Whenever I try, I end up in the lobby but no button is working.
I have to exit the game via the task manager.
Seems I'm not the only one either, look at the latest patch thread.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Ok, managed to get a match against two AI in the mp campaign and it worked!
Whatever the reason the first few times, this time everything was ok.
Maybe I did indeed invade with too many units and the AI directly retreated?
Whatever, I have managed to play two matches correctly now (one time I had ~40%, the other time ~60%).

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard