Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#470214 25/07/13 10:43 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi everyone, it's nice to finally join i've completed so much of the game thanks to this site laugh.

My question is about traders, why is it that I have some items worth over 10k and I can only sell them for a maximum of 2,000?

Not sure if there are certain traders to go to but my coffer is almost full of items because i refuse to sell anything for so cheap.

Is there a way to increase the selling prices to what they should be?

Cheers, Snugs.

Snuggles #470226 25/07/13 04:41 PM
Support
Support

The sell value is a fraction of what the listed value is.

All traders give the same price when buying stuff (regardless of their opinion of you or any discounts on their sell prices). Adding an enchantment should make equipment with an empty slot slightly more valuable, but by the time you factor in the ingredient cost (or sell value), I'm not sure you would be much ahead that way. I never bothered doing that (I did buy stuff only for the enchantment it had, remove it to acquire the formula, and sell back the equipment at a loss, which was still cheaper or faster than buying the formula directly).

You'll probably get most of the excess gold from merchants before taking over the battle tower, anyway. If you have lots of whisperwood and fatfern, you can make level 1 or 2 Full Resistance or Dexterity potions to sell. After taking over the battle tower you can send your runners out to collect diamonds and malachite ore to sell, if you need to.

Runners and Tower ? / Very low success rate with Fanny Blossom?

Welcome to the forum. wave

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard