Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
This should be fixed in version 1.0.40 as we tried several scenarios. You could still get "different version" message, but that is most likely due to small data differences between gog installer / steam installation (datahash compare between both versions - this message has nothing to do with the actual version number).

As long as the version numbers are the same, there should be no problem except for the message that might pop up.

If you have any specific scenarios that do not work in 1.0.40, please report them and we'll try to fix them as soon as possible. Connect via ip should always work between same versions.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Thanks Larian_QA for the response!
I guess it still takes a while and i can go ahead. I primarily asked because a (public) ts server (32slot) is currently set up by us to provide a platform for a temporary workaround and i wasnt sure if it would fit in the timeframe.

the link to the thread about incompatibility was already provided by Raze i see. thanks!
the above mentioned steps didnt seem to work for us.
In that thread he also posted a link to the gog forum where the problem is also discussed.

EDIT: just saw the last post.
ill try to get the player with the steam and gog versions back together and try it again with 1.0.40.
thanks again!
btw on .33 the error message poped up on the host side with another gog player already in the lobby but as the steam player joined he was booted instantly without any notice on his side.

Last edited by Killer-Bee; 27/08/13 11:44 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard