Print Thread
#467271 18/06/13 05:51 PM
S
sithari Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
5 years after the events of flames of vengeance The divine has ordered the dragon slayers to disband the Dragon Knights have been giving there Academy And the Savior of rivallon has been given a task by the divine himself to rebuild the order of the Dragon knights. The game start you off by picking your race Be it elf un dead lizard imp human or dwarf You been training for 2 years Under the tutelage of the last of the Dragon Knight to become a dragon knight and here is your one and only chance venture to the patriarch and find out if you are Worthy of becoming a dragon knight I have a lot of ideas for this game if you want to know just contact me

Support
Support

There have been a couple topics of suggestions for Divinity 3, with some debate whether it should be the Divine One, the Divinity 2 dragon knight or a new character set to take on Damian. Personally, I also think it should be a new dragon knight, or at least a new character (there need to be more RPGs continuing the Dragon Knight concept, in any case). It is easier to balance and structure a story with a new character than to reset the Divine One's powers or bring in a game's worth of opponents that could be a challenge to him (same for the Dragon Knight, to a lesser extent).

I think the dragon slayers would be disbanded, or re-organized and renamed, almost immediately after Divinity 2. There is only 1 dragon knight left to go after, who is then a hero everyone is grateful to, who also rescued the Divine One and disproved the lie that formed the slayers in the first place.

Welcome to the forum. wave

S
sithari Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thank you at least I know someone agrees with me what do you think about choosing the race of the character and the Dragon patriarch says that he hates Damien and would do almost anything to defeat him Do you think you he would agree to make news Dragon Knight Or would another dragon have to be found

Support
Support

In general I think it would be great to allow a choice of race for the main character. However, doing that right requires a lot of additional work that most people are not going to see, so it is not necessarily the best use of limited resources. Hopefully Dragon Commander and Original Sin do well enough that limited resources are not as much of a problem. I'd welcome a non-human main character even if you don't get to choose the race, though (I don't know if there is any data that supports human protagonists being much safer in terms of sales figures).

In Divinity 2 Patriarch refused to help Damian (open a portal to the Hall of Echoes for him), but did nothing against either the dragon slayers or Black Ring. He said of Damian "Ah yes, the Damned One. How insignificant his role within the fabric of the cosmos, how decisive in the lives of the ephemera that is mankind." (Patriarch conversation)
Patriarch would likely make new dragon knights, if it was a one time favour (Divinity 2 set him up as too powerful to get directly involved in anything), or more likely help an initiate on a quest to find other dragons or dragon knights (that hid or left Rivellon rather than fight their former allies when the slayers were formed). He'd certainly have to make an appearance in any new games concerning dragon knights.

S
sithari Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Well if its resources you're worried about do what you doing with original sin I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people like me Wanting to see Damiens bright and shiny head rolling on the floor And furthermore to the race of the Dragon Knight would be a huge positive Because I would imagine ther would be different appearance unded would be more to just bones Dwarves would be stalky Lizards very spiky Elfs elegant. Has to be honest who doesn't want to be a dragon made of bones and Magic

veteran
veteran
I'm not expecting Larian to let you play as a non-human.

There are 6 main races, from the humans, to the stout dwarves, tall willowy elves, the Lizards, and gorilla-like orcs and the scrawny imps. That's a lot of different body types that you'd need to model different armors for. That's 12 different race/gender combinations, and can you customize your appearance on top of that? Is the race cosmetic or does it affect the story? That's a heck of a lot of things to worry about, resources to spend. That's why Larian said that different races for the main characters was not happening in Original Sin.

journeyman
journeyman
I wouldn't mind a change of race, but adding in the six major races would be a pain to code. I would love to play as an Elf in the Divinity games or as a Dwarf. However, I don't expect that it will happen in the near future.

I do think that they should carry on with the Dragon Knights now that they have been exonerated of the crime they were accused of, and show the rebuilding of the order. I have no doubt that the Dragon Knights would be needed in the upcoming battle against Damien.

To that note we know that the Divine is incapable of killing Damien (he has failed to do so twice, even against hs better judgement) and the Dragon Knight of Divinity 2 is the most senior Dragon Knight remaining (that we know of). This does leave an opening for one of his/her disciples to take up the mantle to try and bring Damien down once and for all.

Alternatively we could see another co-op game with the Divine and the Dragon Knight both being playable characters in the upcoming battle, where you have to, once more, gather all the races together to thwart Damien and rebuild the order of Dragon Knights (this could lead into the induction of all the races having a Dragon Knight representative as well as them all having a seat on the Council of Seven). In doing so this could open some old areas as well as some new ones, we've seen the Dwarven Halls, but we haven't really seen much of the other non-human races' 'capital' settlements so far.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
I enjoyed Divinity and was on the fence about Ego Draconis until I bought it, then it became my favorite game I have played to date. I would love to see another chapter after the events of Flames of Vengeance, but I agree that to do the game and story justice, it would have to be a new character, perhaps with lore about what became of the previous heroes.

It would seem odd playing a demigod with 1 to stats and maybe 25 starting HP, heh. They could get away with it for the Dragon Knight though. They could also make someone working up the ranks of an ancient demon slaying cult who faces the ultimate demon at the end or hell, just play a demon vying for power (Demon commander... hah!)

Would love to see different playable races myself one day though, would be something new to the Divinity series. Playing an Orc hero is always fun, heh.

Also looking forward to Original Sins, was on the fence about it being a prequel as i'm not usually a fan of them for established series, but this is looking to be one of those games that surprise the hell out of me and end up becoming my new favorite!

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
journeyman
journeyman
Well they could always work from it that they are x levelled. They both are established characters after all. You don't need to restart the characters. Both the Divine and the Dragon Knight has vested interest in the true outcome of the view of Divinity 3.

The only people that know what could happen in Div 3 is Larian, but I hope that they complete the story of the Divine sometime. I would love to see a decided outcome on that story.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I really hope that the music for future Divinity games will be more like Div 2.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard