Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well not only angels look like divinity deity --maybe something similiiar creatures- but I cannot make up who is it-Maybe unicorn)) think aargh?
Any ideas?
If it`s not angels but maybe good spirits(of paladins white mages or merely good ghosts) I don`t know(

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
Umm, unless I'm mistaken angles (or divine beings) already exist or have had an influence in Rivellon although I don't remember Larian expanding on how or why or where these beings exist. In the very first scene in Divine Divinity a "Divine being" saves our hero and marks him as a "chosen one" who later ascends to a divine being and somehow retakes his mortal form.

It's been ages since I played the first game, but I remember there were multiple "chosen ones" in which the baddies hunted down and killed all but you when Zandalor saved you from the death knight.

Perhaps if Larian does a Divinity game following the timeline after the events of Dragon Knight Saga more lore or info will be expanded upon on who or what these divine beings really are.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
addict
addict
Aaactually, the three chosen ones were all alive by the time you, the player were found:

One of them was later lured by a bribed child to his death while you and Zandalor were away and the other one was murdered in the (in)famous no-magic dungeon of the castle where you only manage to save Zandalor.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Zix-Zax told to DD protagonist that -"Long ago, back before the Damned called up Lord of Chaos from Hell, there lots of Divine Ones. They have God powers, but still being mortal."

So it will be interesting to see them and Seven Gods too

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I think that the Divine Ones are the closest equivalent Rivellon has to angels.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Anybody knows who is Damon Wilson one of athors Pre-story of Divine Divinity
Is he proffesional writer or someone else?
Is there any official books about Divinity Series except Child of Chaos by Rhianna Pratchett?

I would like to see enormous book or series of books about this for example like Richard Knaak and his Sin Wars-in Diablo Universe

What do you think?

veteran
veteran
The only closest thing is story.pdf from the package of DD.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by James 540
Anybody knows who is Damon Wilson one of athors Pre-story of Divine Divinity
Is he proffesional writer or someone else?
Is there any official books about Divinity Series except Child of Chaos by Rhianna Pratchett?

I would like to see enormous book or series of books about this for example like Richard Knaak and his Sin Wars-in Diablo Universe

What do you think?

As long as it doesn't come anywhere near the events in the games (so I can ignore it) nor tries to set a "canon", doing so rarely ends well: see the Throne of Bhaal book (which sucked) or the book about Revan (which sucked so hard it created a black hole) or how parts of some games don't make sense if you haven't read some book/comic or seen some bad pseudo-anime.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I can`t believe that there are some problems with book about game universes...But it would be nice to see and read epic book about Divinity Universe..

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by James 540
I can`t believe that there are some problems with book about game universes...But it would be nice to see and read epic book about Divinity Universe..

Have you read or read about the two I mentioned? Messing with how people played your game by retconning their actions (and then picking the one least liked outcome at that) and making that canon is a terrible idea.

Also there are some things in Mass Effect 3 (I think, not sure anymore, could have been Dragon Age 2 too*), that don't make sense if you haven't read the books and/or some comics. I'm not talking about minor references to outside events (like running into Drizzt in Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, that was OK), but parts of the plot that you just don't grasp due to missing information.

This is a terrible way to squeeze money out of people, if the game's content cannot 100% stand on itself without external sources you have either failed as developer or you are a jerk trying to squeeze cash out of your fans (hello EA!). Now, I don't think there's much risk for the latter case with Larian but the former could always happen (maybe with the best of intentions)

*still need to replay ME3 to see the "new" ending, maybe I'll take notes this time and cook up some kind of review or something. Maybe. Assuming I can ever find the motivation to go through that game again.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

apprentice
apprentice
If it's only the new endings which interest you, you can pass on it or watch it on youtube. You will gain your time ^^

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Althor
If it's only the new endings which interest you, you can pass on it or watch it on youtube. You will gain your time ^^

From what I hear "improvements" (I'm cynical based on how BioWare games went from bad to worse over time and judging from what I've seen from the new Dragon Age they haven't hit rock bottom yet, but they're trying at least) have been made to earlier parts of the game. Though by now it might have been long enough ago that I wouldn't notice subtle differences anymore.

Anyway, that's slightly off topic (though venting about ME3 always relieves ;))

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
No I didn`t read nothing mentioned by you,but I wanted to read book about Baldur`s Gate

Don`t worry about off topic if you noticed there a lot of my questions which have little relation to Original Sin)

addict
addict
about ME3 : the new ending show some images depending on what you did and who you helped, not that much exciting stuff.

about the book, Diablo is indeed a good example :
you can play the game and fully understand what the story is about without reading the book but the book gives you more informations about some points of Diablo's universe and some small event in the game refer to those books but this is not a big deal if you have not read its. and the trilogy is awesome but so is Cain's book and I am really looking forward Tyrael's book and the new novel.

Books about Rivellon should indeed be a good idea, but they really need a good author. Basic example, I do not remember who wrote the book about Arthas but it sucked sooooo much...

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Rhianna Pratchett is good author don`t you think? At least I liked very much plot twist about Mister D if you played BD you should know))

addict
addict
I have not read this book... yet ^^
EDIT : is she a relative to Terry Pratchett?

Last edited by Chaotica; 18/11/13 02:59 PM.

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Support
Support

Yes, his daughter.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
And she was script writer for Beyond Divinity and "Child of Chaos"

Do you know someone else enough famous and talented writer?

I think that Pre-story (preambula)of Divinity games quite strong(Child of Chaos-and Introducton of BD)
but in-game plot sometimes sucks

Unless I mistake Larian promised intrique interesting plot,and I don`t want to make another salvation of world by prophecy -even if it is i hope the salvation will be not the main aspect of the plot....

How do you think?

veteran
veteran
Do you know someone else enough famous and talented writer?

That does not mean every creation under their pen will masterpiece. BD wasn't THAT good, actually, not story, not dialogues (albeit, dialogues was the best part).

I think that Pre-story (preambula)of Divinity games quite strong(Child of Chaos-and Introducton of BD)

This wasn't written by Pratchett as far I know.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Child of Chaos was written by her http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Story:_Child_of_the_Chaos ...I meant Preambula of each games
And maybe you`re right,but talented writer should know his(hers) own abilities and make candy from everything

Last edited by James 540; 19/11/13 05:17 AM.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard