Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Chaotica
a symposium with trolls, elves, space marins, zergs, tchernobyl zombies, Tyraël and a fuckin' poney discussing about how could they smash each others? :p

Yeah theese are really good ideas ,but no -There is CHAOS inside my head)

Last edited by James 540; 05/12/13 09:49 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
addict
addict
Originally Posted by James 540
Originally Posted by Chaotica
a symposium with trolls, elves, space marins, zergs, tchernobyl zombies, Tyraël and a fuckin' poney discussing about how could they smash each others? :p

Yeah theese are really good ideas ,but no -There is CHAOS inside my head)

you should correct : inside our head, but we are not schizophrenic ^^

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
enthusiast
enthusiast
I`m sure you are not) but what about me ?It knows only Lord of CHAOS!! devil

Last edited by James 540; 05/12/13 01:10 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'll try making a pirate game. new world exploration etc. etc. If boats are possible ..

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
bGRoman #475702 08/12/13 11:53 AM
addict
addict
I will try to go for a "discovery of the New World" themed mod, like my old "frontier" for NWN2.
Very heavy skills oriented if possible, with loads and loads of interactions and randomness and replayability (if I can, of course)
Some features would be disctinct tribes, with disctinct benefits if you befriend theme,
a special tribe that would be your "civilisation", and grow according to discoveries you make
of course, good ol' crafting and gathering, with randomized items
randomized dungeons
lost civilisations,
dark secrets
and so on...

Last edited by Cromcrom; 08/12/13 12:02 PM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
addict
addict
Ideas can go quite far, yes. But I've learned that few grand ideas such as these actually come to fruition. So I hope you guys also have the determination to see those plans to their completion.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
bGRoman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by EinTroll
Ideas can go quite far, yes. But I've learned that few grand ideas such as these actually come to fruition. So I hope you guys also have the determination to see those plans to their completion.

Yeah that's kind of the disappointing reality of the situation, which is why even though I have my grand pirate island idea I'll start it out very small, just make a single outdoor dungeon to gain some experience on how to use the editor, then depending on how it goes continue from there such as designing the entrance and back story of the dungeon and editing it accordingly. Just how I am planning on doing things anyways laugh

bGRoman #475710 08/12/13 05:49 PM
addict
addict
Yes, you are right, I will try to make a "go kill rats" quest, on a blank base map, with an NPC and 2 rats. How fun does that sound ? Appealing to you ?

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Support
Support

Regardless of how simplistic it may be, that still covers the basics of designing a quest. Add some details to the environment and that mod could be done in half an hour (it probably wouldn't get a lot of downloads if you published it, though).

bGRoman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
Yes, you are right, I will try to make a "go kill rats" quest, on a blank base map, with an NPC and 2 rats. How fun does that sound ? Appealing to you ?

It's honestly better to get a quest done rather than start creating a quest hub only to realize you can't keep the quests in the area unique and interesting and end up having a nice hub without any content outside of that.

bGRoman #475714 08/12/13 11:57 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, I'm under no illusions about how challenging it will be to make a large complex adventure module. But you can have a lot of fun imo just mucking around and doing little things to learn while planning out your *grand idea* on paper. Heck, it's fun just to dream. Even just creating some small environments would be cool, then learning how to add in some simple scripts for an NPC or two... and so on.

Every journey starts with a single step. And as in all of life, persistence is the key.

I'm pretty sure Larian will release some tutorial vids and stuff too, though the amount of support they give it obviously depends on how Original Sin does and community demand for it. Hopefully it'll be *a big thing* and will generate exponential awesome.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
meme #475722 09/12/13 08:22 AM
addict
addict
i suggest a (complete) remake of divine divinity with the new engine. would LOVE that, would even buy such a remake. @larian studios: hint for a DLC? ;-)

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
4verse #475724 09/12/13 08:33 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
And also remake of Beyond Divinity=)

addict
addict

I hate when people doubt me. Maybe because I am too arrogant or whatever.
Frontier (my mod for NWN2): http://frontieres-nwn2.winnerbb.com/f17-avancements (sorry its french, my native language)
The lost continent (my mod for Legend of Grimrock: http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3190
Rigale, (my mod for Mount and Blade warband): http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=209.0
All are very focused on skills, crafting, randomness and replayability.
But indeed, I am just dreaming awake now. However, for what I have seen of the Editor, a remake of Frontier for DOS seems really feasible.
But I really understand that this is a bold claim, that should be taken cautiously. I myself is cautious about myself (oh well...), but I am growing experience in the modding realm. And I am honestly very eager to give it a more than serious try, and hopefully dedicate all my free time to it.
And I also believe that nothing great can be achieved without dreams, (and a strong community support). So I shared some dream. An obvious mistake, as it only brought suscpicions and words of warning, instead of expected interest and encouragments.
I knew it, but sined by excessive enthousiasm. My original sin, maybe.
Whatever.
Hopefully I will do it. And then I might release it.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
addict
addict
Had you read carefully, you'd have noticed that nothing was directed straight at you. Aside form that, most people are joining in with their own ideas and dreams. How is that supposed to be a challenge towards you and/or negativity?

And how is one person reminding a little of how reality works such a major downer that you make it seem? By all means, go ahead and prove my doubt wrong, but me and everyone not part of a specific project is entitled to doubt regarding the success of said project, particularly when they're all still just ideas for now.

Admitting to arrogance isn't an excuse for letting it loose, btw :p

addict
addict
Hmmmm just thinking about smtg, will we able to implement our adventures and quests directly in the game, for example, putting a PNJ in a town, which already exists in the game, giving you a quest to go to this pirate island?
That would be awesome, I want to be able to explore new stuff with my own beloved characters !!
On the other hand, this would gives us XP and stuff that was not intended by Larian in the original game at this point of the game, so it might unbalance the game.

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
old hand
old hand
I had started making an Ultima based adventure in NWN2 but ultimately couldn't remain satisfied enough with the engine to maintain my efforts. The mod would not be a remake, rather an adventure that puts the player in the timeline leading up to Ultima 5 where he or she plays a pivotal role in the establishment of the resistance and bringing the avatar back to Britannia. DD:OS looks like a great potential candidate to make an Ultima based game and I'd love to bring that work back to life. Here's hoping ...

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
addict
addict
Troll, its "people" like you that really make me feel like not releasing my mods. And I don't relly give a shit about proving YOU anything, as I already proved myself many times. And you can keep your friendly emotes for your friends. And self naming a "troll" isn't an excuse fo behaving like one, so end of the feed as far as I am concerned.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
addict
addict
Just watch to copyrights. Not sure if they can actually be a problem, but it's better to be safe.

Crom, dearie, I'm afraid I'll have to be honest with you and tell you that I just happen to go passive-aggressive when irritating people of any manner come about. It's an instinctual reaction and not a conscious effort, easily triggered by asinine responses to non-offensive remarks. And that's the end of it, I'm off to go watch little children behave more maturely.

enthusiast
enthusiast
FWIW, I didn't read that comment as directed at anyone in particular, heck I responded to it because as a newbie I felt the need to affirm my resolve, coz yeah I have big dreams. To be honest it did seem a bit unnecessary as it's fairly obvious that modding entails not an insignificant amount of time and effort. Though I also found it personally helpful because as a noob it was good to mentally embrace the challenge and post about it.

Cromcrom, your initial post made me feel very excited not only because your concept sounds freaking awesome but because it reminded me that this is a powerful editor that many experienced RPG modders will want to get their hands on. It was great to see!

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard