Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
apprentice
apprentice

Quest dialog with Mendius does not end it just disappears. The quest box is closed and I cannot select any more text but I cannot walk or use inventory items. The go to homestead button returns a "You can't go to the homestead while in a dialog" error.

Edit- it seems to be related to the dual dialogs. I tried a few times and if you avoid the them you are fine. Several times the dialog ended but I switched to the other character and there was a dialog option still -

Last edited by bargeral; 23/12/13 12:01 AM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
The skull cave at X:54 Y:48 has an interesting bug. When I entered the first time during a stream it crashed. After entering after reloading it goes fine. But exiting through the same way leads into a weird room which opens to a glitchy world. Eventually you can be returned to the main entrance of Cyseal. Have repeated this glitch multiple times. See video for a clearer idea of what's going on.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by lokitrixter
The skull cave at X:54 Y:48 has an interesting bug. When I entered the first time during a stream it crashed. After entering after reloading it goes fine. But exiting through the same way leads into a weird room which opens to a glitchy world. Eventually you can be returned to the main entrance of Cyseal. Have repeated this glitch multiple times. See video for a clearer idea of what's going on.

I think that you managed to find a way into the character creation room (yes, it exists in-game), probably through some incorrectly connected area transition portals.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by lokitrixter

I have the same problem that drops me into that exact area from the black cove exit. I have to use the waypoint at black cove to leave or I'll end up in this zone.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
When loading an area, fog of war resets when you load back into previous area.

North of town where you battle "cute dogs" the music somehow played beyond full volume and sounded more like static, was also playing more than one music track at a time.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Talked to Eglandear and went downstairs. Quick saved before my characters chatted to decide on the blood feud. They then chatted and decided on helping Victoria. Talked to the cats, then went to Arhu's and accidentally provoked him into attacking when my sneak failed when stealing. Loaded quick save and the characters have exclamations showing above their heads but get no option to chat to each other.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Thank you for the list of bugs - I can second many of them ... and as yet I have found no unique ones!
SO many thanks for all your hard work & thanks also to Larian for this game - looking forward to a persistant map most of all smile
Happy Holiday season to all

C
stranger
stranger
C
There is a fight in a cave with four goblin bombers; shortly before the fight the two characters mention the oil barrels nearby and to "watch your fiery temper."

I couldn't get combat to start normally with any result other than them going first and exploding on whoever was in front, resulting in no experience.

It would be nice to be able to initiate combat from further off.

The bug happened when I decided to summon an elemental to initiate combat for me. I stood both characters far enough back that the goblins couldn't reach them in a single move, and summoned the elemental very close to them. This broke them; they walked up to the elemental and then force-ended their turns, despite the fact that they could have gotten a lot closer to us, exploded the elemental, or both.

Then I got to explode them (for exp!), which made me happy. However, the AI glitch part was clearly unintended. wink

R
stranger
stranger
R
- When you quicksave during a fight, your safegame gets corrupted and the game crashes on loading. Still have to repeat this, but be carefull when saving anyway smile
- When using the standard Ranger attack in a fight, the game often crashes. Not sure if this is related to the bow I have equipped or something else. Didn't have time to experiment yet.
- Ice surfaces are sometimes hidden below other big, stone objects (eg. below the central circle at the watcher statues). Nonetheless you still trip on the Ice.

And many of the before mentioned problems I encountered too. All in all, very playable and stable! Thanks Larian smile
The only thing that I am really annoyed about is the amount of time the ice is present (currently indefinitely it seems). This is really annoying especially since my Source Hunters seem to be extremely clumsy on the ice and constantly slip. I like the mechanic during a fight, but I think this should be removed/tuned down inbetween fights.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I may just imagine this, but if you walk instead of run on ice the characters don't fall on their backs. They should make the ice melt after some time though, since it's still annoying when you have a slippery surface after you've already cleared an area.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Here are the issue's I have noticed within 10 mins of playing

1) Player does not start at full health
I started:
Scarlet: Warrior (Health start at 10/12)
Rodrick:Wizard (Health start at 10/10)
and as you can see scarlet wasn't at full health

2) When the inventory ('I') is open if I click on the portraits on the left the inventory does not update to current selected charater. I have to either A) use the left right arrows of the portrate inside the inventory screen or B) close the inventory of the current avatar click on the other avatar to open

3) When you have your inventory open and you mouse over items it does not reflect how is currently active. For example for a better explaination: Example: Scarlet start off with a training sword and Rodrick a quarterstaff and I pick up a Wolf staff; Now I open up the inventory to Scarlet and click on the right arrow to switch over to Rodrick. Even thou Rodrick is the active 'menu' when I hover the mouse over the Wolf staff it states currently equiped training sword when it does a comparison of wolf staff vs. training sword. It should have been wolf staff vs. quarterstaff since Rodrick is the active charater.

4) If I hit the 'esc' key then select 'options' hitting 'esc' again after this does not bring me back to the prior menu. I have to click on the 'back' to return to the prior menu

5) If you open up the controls menu the 2 buttons next to 'cancel' are not labeled and appear not to do anything

6) There appears to be no distance requirement to automatically close these containers after you open crate/barrels. I was able to open and leave them open long after I was no longer in range this could potentially be a usuable exploit

7) If I hit 'esc' key to bring up the menu and hit 'esc' there is a long delay before the menu disappears. But if I click on 'resume' the menu instanstantly disappears.

8) Near the entrance there is a level 5 door but when you open your map there is no door marker to mark this door. Even thou the legend states there is supposed to be a 'door' icon to identify doors

9) Quest: Guards at the bridge: if you don't kill the guards according to the mission text it states you will follow the guards to the wizard. But what actually happens is the guards follow you and only for a short distance before they disappear and reappear back to their starting point. Either the text needs to change or the guards action.

10) I know this is nit picking but near the Guards at the bridge there is a brown block in the dirt (going to assume a piece of the bridge) with stretched textures

11) When you find and pick up gold in crate/barrels/sacks they don't stack and are not stackable

Last edited by Draffutt; 25/12/13 03:47 AM.
I noticed in one area, north of town when I wen't down through a hidden hatch, every time I tried to pass an item to another's icon, it would "catch" objects and try to transfer those instead.

If I tried to pass a health potion and it crossed over a crate, it would try to pass the crate into the inventory instead.

If I didn't hover over any object it would try to transfer a "?" icon instead.

Haven't noticed that issue on the normal map yet (above ground)

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
When at the burial mound before speaking to the archaeologist I went into the hatch and explored the basement. Used the Teleporter Pyramid to get back to town and retrieve the Blue Teleporter Pyramid. The Quest Log for The Lost Archaeologist updated that the archaeologist died when I refused his request. Went back to the house with the archaeologist and he was alive and able to complete the quest fine. Quest Log still shows that the archaeologist died.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Draffutt

3) When you have your inventory open and you mouse over items it does not reflect how is currently active. For example for a better explaination: Example: Scarlet start off with a training sword and Rodrick a quarterstaff and I pick up a Wolf staff; Now I open up the inventory to Scarlet and click on the right arrow to switch over to Rodrick. Even thou Rodrick is the active 'menu' when I hover the mouse over the Wolf staff it states currently equiped training sword when it does a comparison of wolf staff vs. training sword. It should have been wolf staff vs. quarterstaff since Rodrick is the active charater.

I've noticed this but if you opened the inventory with Scarlett and then use just the arrow to switch it still thinks you are on Scarlett. If you hit the F key associated with the second char then it will show properly. It should probably auto switch with pressing the arrow but using the F key is a quick way to change.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 25/12/13 05:26 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
Another bug (thanks to lokitrixter for figuring this one out) - if you craft/combine items to make a new item that is already in your inventory the game consistently crashes because of item stacking. For example, dough+oven=bread stacks with another bread in your inventory and crashes the game.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Doe, a deer doesn't have any dialogue. You can talk to her and have options for tell me about yourself and a goodbye option. Tell me about yourself doesn't result in any dialogue.

Sam's collar doesn't leave inventory after completing his quest.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 27/12/13 01:09 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Minor Errors
- border-scroll doesn't work right all the time, especially downward often stucks
- Can not add one stack of gold to another one
- quick-save (F5) first time leave me with an all-black game-screen, only the overlays (map, inventory, quick-slot) remain visible,
after quick-load, everything was fine and the error doesn't appear another time

Typing Errors
Pablo-Dialog (harbour):
Me: "Can you tell me about the attacks upon the harbour?"
Pablo: "That burnng ship?..." -> I think it should be "That burning ship?..."

B
B
I haven't read the whole thread, but this bug is not listed in the first post:

- People don't react to the teleport spell. You can teleport them how many times you want and they keep talking to you like nothing happened.

Last edited by Baudolino05; 28/12/13 09:47 AM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
If you put the ship out using the Rain Scroll from the beach south of the entrance after getting the treasure chest Pablo and 3 Citizens still go to put it out. They get stuck in trying to put it out and cannot be spoken to.

veteran
veteran
Bertia repeats her "oh hey Source Hunters are here!" dialogue if you talk to her a second time. You also can't report finding a dead sheep even if it's right in your inventory.

I also convinced
Roberts to give me the money to give Bertia for compensation for her sheep, but when I talked to her, she just got all huffy and ran off, there was no mention of money. I would have thought that should change something, or add a fresh dialogue option.

Sometimes exploration experience popups can obscure character dialogue pop-ups, like
digging up Jake's grave.
The dialogue text should be on top. That also happens when you read items from your inventory that prompt dialogue. The inventory window obscures it. Since you need to have the window open to use the item, that seems like an irritating problem.

N
addict
addict
N
If you have many items in your inventory, sometimes you can't scroll to the last row of items, so the items in the last row aren't accessible or visible (but they are still there, as the trade window shows them).

Also, scrollbars are missing from both the sell and buy lists when trading with an NPC.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard