Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
of course I understand the money reason but definitely at least a part-voiced should be nice

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vonbleak
What they could do - for the main npc's just like they did in the Bauldurs Gate series was voice the first sentence or two as a synopsis, then have a following paragraph or 2 of text.

This is pretty much all I would want (and am expecting, though I can't actually recall exactly what Larian has said about voicing dialogue for D:OS). Just pretty much the way it's always done for these sort of games.

Just some flavour really. Key plot moments, opening lines of prominent NPCs to help set their tone and personality, background noises like town criers, that sort of thing.

I only hope that anything voiced will be done well. It can be pretty jarring to have poorly voiced lines coming out of the blue in a text-based game. Lol at Helena's "with, uh, mixed results".

I really liked the ambient noise in the Ducal Inn (Verdistis) in Divine Divinity. That blew me away when I first walked into it. I thought the background noises and chatter was really well done, excellent. I hope the same level of quality is found in Original Sin's taverns, markets and so on.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard