Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by Regnox
As long as they set the price correctly (and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't) I don't think it's bad news.

And what exactly would be the correct price, taking into account some people paid more than 50$ to get it? Go on, tell me.

And then every [YT] reviewer would want to review the game and it will forever stuck as "unfinished RPG with a lot of potential" in the minds of the public. Yeah, great move.

Rightly or wrongly, Larian seems to think that the more publicity, the better, even if it is alpha stuff, that's why they didn't put out any NDA's.

Personally, I don't see the point of doing reviews of unfinished stuff, (let alone "Let's Play's" - what is there to LP?).

However, at this point, it seems clear that Larian vastly overestimated how much they could get done with the Kickstarter funding. They over-promised It's already mid-January, which is when the supposed co-op and beta are supposed to start, but that doesn't seem likely.

You're right that you-tube reviews made by morons will call the game unfinished, but Steam Early Access might be Larian's best shot at actually getting enough money to push back their deadlines enough to finish the game so the OTHER reviewers, the professional ones with integrity, will like the game more.