Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
stranger
stranger
M
Glad I could cause cheer.

No intentions to demean the topic by the way!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by macho
I've used my ample MSPaint skills to draft up what I feel is a suitable solution to this issue. Larian, I release this idea royalty free for your usage in improving DOS.

[Linked Image]

10/10

old hand
old hand
Proof right there how important modders are to an RPG! delight

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
apprentice
apprentice
@macho I love your artistic skills, i wish i could have this charakter in the acual game =D

Last edited by Kaya86; 17/01/14 09:11 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I too would like a practical option. I can't wait for the sexy man mods to roll in eventually after release, because it would be a funny jab at the sexualization of characters, often female. Shame I'm not very tech-savvy. smile

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I still put my bid in to having High heels and dress options for male characters....anyone...no.....fine

S
S
I'm surprised no-one has complained about the item "Smelly Thong" (G-string?). The item is available in Esmeralda's upstairs, and has an armour value of 4, the same as the full starting plate/chain of a fighter character.

Yes, it's spotted. A tiny-weeny-blue-and-yellow-spotted-bikini...

M
stranger
stranger
M
if it bothers anyone THAT MUCH they can simply mod it out.

some people just shouldnt play FANTASY games..

apprentice
apprentice
Some people shouldn't tell other people what to play.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Argol228
I still put my bid in to having High heels and dress options for male characters....anyone...no.....fine

Actually, this is exactly what the Saints Row series of games ended up doing, letting you select appearances from the opposite ends of the spectrum wink In a world full of magic, anything is possible wink

And of course, if you look at history, high heels were originally a male horse riding warrior's garb. It was only since the 18th Century or so that high heels for men went out of fashion, along with the bold manly colour of pink*

For the record, my housemate and I were both rather displeased by the high heels. Not ideal footwear for a beach :P**

Like many of the other women here, I don't mind the option of high heels. It fits the promotional artwork, and sometimes clothing choice has power of its own. But when there's the option to change everything else the character to wearing to suit your roleplaying, forced high heels make no sense at all.

* Not making this up. Blue was considered softer and more suitable for women. Or rather, there wasn't the same gendered associations at all, and children would be dressed in, well, any colour of dress wink
** Seriously, this was one of the first observations we made, immediately following the "cool, looks like we in the end we won't have to have one male, one female character!"

Last edited by linamishima; 18/01/14 08:16 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by WintermuteX
Some people shouldn't tell other people what to play.

Some people should ignore and avoid playing games they don't like, instead of wasting their time whining about these games they don't like.

Unless their family being held as hostages and they have a revolver beside their head and being forced to play in order to free their beloved. Then of course I can understand that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by linamishima

Actually, this is exactly what the Saints Row series of games ended up doing, letting you select appearances from the opposite ends of the spectrum wink In a world full of magic, anything is possible wink

And of course, if you look at history, high heels were originally a male horse riding warrior's garb. It was only since the 18th Century or so that high heels for men went out of fashion, along with the bold manly colour of pink*

For the record, my housemate and I were both rather displeased by the high heels. Not ideal footwear for a beach :P**

Like many of the other women here, I don't mind the option of high heels. It fits the promotional artwork, and sometimes clothing choice has power of its own. But when there's the option to change everything else the character to wearing to suit your roleplaying, forced high heels make no sense at all.

* Not making this up. Blue was considered softer and more suitable for women. Or rather, there wasn't the same gendered associations at all, and children would be dressed in, well, any colour of dress wink
** Seriously, this was one of the first observations we made, immediately following the "cool, looks like we in the end we won't have to have one male, one female character!"

Fact is high heels are highly impractical to go adventuring in and as such I think it looks bloody stupid and I wish devs would stop doing it (along with the boob-armor, but there's been 2000 pages about that on the Obsidian forums already and it bother me less than the heels)

That said I wouldn't make a drame about it but if given the option I would definitely opt out.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
U
stranger
stranger
U
It's kind of hilarious what people will do with female characters if given the chance to customize. Not just devs, players too. In Dragon's Prophet, every fourth character is a female with all sliders minimized except for ass and boobs, and often the boobs are somehow (painfully and hilariously) arched outwards. In Dragon's Dogma, you can totally make a muscly barbarian lady, something I think should have more availability. I however am eagerly awaiting the option to change my characters' sexes in this game to I can have two guys for the sake of yaoi XD What I mean to say is, MOAR CUSTOMIZATION!

Last edited by uniscorn; 18/01/14 10:20 PM.
I just wanted to voice my displeasure at not having the option of turning it off. I just think doing any sort of on-foot adventuring in heels is ridiculous, so it annoys me from that standpoint.

It's just not what that style of shoe is made for.

Also I like how Kein is just kind of roaming around and pretending to speak with some sort of authority in terms of Larian's decisions about things, as if they must have it the way it originally shows up in the game.

Larian's game exists in this form because of popular investment into it through kickstarter and now early access. If they did not wish to answer for things like this in the development process, they should not have opened it up for us to invest in it and give feedback.

They want our feedback. We're giving it. Deal with it.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
It is rather silly that people get so upset over high heels in a fantasy game of high Magic. it's like the very first part of the game with the dead body. to paraphrase. "Magic is a common thing, It is no stretch to imagine the Magical nature of things"

It is rather silly that people get so upset over high heels in a fantasy game of high Magic. it's like the very first part of the game with the dead body. to paraphrase. "Magic is a common thing, It is no stretch to imagine the Magical nature of things"

Sorry for picking on you specifically, but you make a good foil for the point I'm going to make about everyone in your camp.

It's not deeply upsetting for most people that dislike it, as far as I am aware. It's annoying or stupid. Much like there are parts about this game that probably aren't aesthetically ideal in your opinion, this is one of those parts for people like me.

Under what circumstances does your argument, also, defend against the inclusion of an option to have heels or have normal boots? The only animation work would be to change the walk cycle of Scarlet slightly in said boots, which is really not a very big deal.

Simply because you don't find it important does not mean it is not important or worth doing, to summarize briefly. I'm not going to go into a thread complaining about the UI or the minimap and say they can't have their criticism and request to change.
___

Now it might be different if you have a legitimate reason why you think the other person might change their mind about a suggestion. Saying it's fantasy isn't enlightening anyone, though. We all know that.

If the mini-map suggestion, let's say, would end up too bulky with a suggestion, that's a way to convince people who initially agree with the suggestion change. That would be a good way to disagree.

TL;DR: If you want to undermine a suggestion have a legitimate way to cause the opposing side to change their minds. An argument that does more than pat yourself and your side on the head with nothing persuasive. ESPECIALLY when it requests an option and not a removal of the original.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by YoungFreshNewbie
-Snip-

I am not trying to change anyones mind. I have already made it clear that it is good to have options in this thread. but that does not change the fact that it is pointless and silly to complain about in an unfinished game when there are more important things to worry about.

apprentice
apprentice
So, to make things short. While you are just an idiot (yeah, attacking people instead of sharing opinions got popular in this thread so I feel free to do also) people are still allowed to voice their opinions. This is about feedback not about "what Kein, megaflux, Raith and other idiots full of themselves loves to read". Deal with it.

stranger
stranger

I see this argument crop up all over the place. Distilled it becomes: "You may not complain about anything in any work of fiction because it's fiction", which is far from constructive.

Now, if these were marked as magical high-heels of adventuring? Then you'd be right (and it'd be an amusing little nod from the dev team) but we're given no reason to assume that they would, in fact, be worth wearing for adventuring.

Further, to expand a bit, gaming has a big problem with sexism*. Larian is better than most studios about this, but it's still frustrating for female gamers to have their in-game representations always wear utterly impractical clothing just for the sex appeal.

*This...probably isn't the place to talk about sexism. Suffice to say that it's often unintentional and is amazingly pervasive in games as a whole.

"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by GDwarf

I see this argument crop up all over the place. Distilled it becomes: "You may not complain about anything in any work of fiction because it's fiction", which is far from constructive.

Now, if these were marked as magical high-heels of adventuring? Then you'd be right (and it'd be an amusing little nod from the dev team) but we're given no reason to assume that they would, in fact, be worth wearing for adventuring.

Further, to expand a bit, gaming has a big problem with sexism*. Larian is better than most studios about this, but it's still frustrating for female gamers to have their in-game representations always wear utterly impractical clothing just for the sex appeal.

*This...probably isn't the place to talk about sexism. Suffice to say that it's often unintentional and is amazingly pervasive in games as a whole.
I have to say, though, it certainly was better than I thought when I hopped into the alpha. The warrior outfit is also half naked. I wish that wasn't the case, because aside from it being impractical it just looks silly to me. Still, it makes me feel better than just having the female. Also, the 'stilettos' weren't as bad as I thought they'd be as well. I didn't realize they were heeled boots (still silly, yes) and not actual stilettos.

Also, off-topic a bit, but I think while a lot of gamers are not sexist (male or female), we are not the most intelligently spoken lot. I was reading a post on a gaming site the other day about alcohol, and everyone was saying,"this drink is for girls" and "no, that one's for girls." and I don't understand how these things are still being said.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard