Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
stranger
stranger
S
@Raze

Thanks for the info.
To clarify, are you saying there should be a My Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\LevelCache folder?
Because I don't have one.

The only place there appears to be a Cyseal.lsb file is in the Steam installation folder under
Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Content\Levels\[PAK]_Cyseal

and that file is only 5kb.

journeyman
journeyman
That file is meant to be 5kb.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Right, but is there supposed to be a larger one in existence somewhere other than the saved game folder?

journeyman
journeyman
3 total, the 5kb one you found, 2 under Documents/Larian Studios/levelcache and then another one in a subfolder in the savegame itself, the one in the save game seems to be pulled from the primary levelcache folder.

journeyman
journeyman
You can start a new game yes? Start a new one and check those folders again without saving, see if anything is there with the game running.

S
stranger
stranger
S
@JFSeiki
Okay, NOW we're making progress.

I manually created a LevelCache folder under My Documents\Larian Studios
When I started a new game, this folder got deleted.
I then re-created the folder and saved the game.
The save was successful and both the manually created folder and the LevelCache folder under the saved game contained the Cyseal.lsb file.

Unfortunately, when I tried to load the saved game the crash occured - the base LevelCache folder had been deleted again.

journeyman
journeyman
When you open the game and get the files again open properties on them and try and set it to read only for a second, also make a backup of that file in the meantime in case sending it in might help.

journeyman
journeyman
On a side note also completely exit any AV you have running as well as windows firewall if enabled.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Okay, it's official - I ROCK!

The game deletes the base LevelCache folder whenever I start it.
If I manually re-create it whilst the game is running, nothing is written to it, but the save games work.
When I try to load, the folder is deleted and the game crashes.

Now, if I manually create the base LevelCache folder and insert a file (I used a .jpg) which I then set the read-only attribute for, the game no longer deletes the base LevelCache folder and I can load the saved games which have the Cyseal.lsb file present.

journeyman
journeyman
You rock? Like I had no input? I have sad face now frown...

That was what I was wondering about, I'm glad it worked, hope they post this short term solution for those few still suffering from it.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Okay, I rock and you pebble.
Happy now? hehe

Hopefully the workaround will get publicized and we can all start enjoying the game properly!

Thanks for the help.

Now I should really go to bed - got to go fix my own code tomorrow!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Ahhh - you suggested the 'read-only' fix too.
I was already working on it when you posted grin

journeyman
journeyman
That's the issue with trying to help via a forum lol.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I happened to notice that while "Obedient" does give the player a point boost to willpower, being "Independent" does not. Descriptions on both say that they give a bonus to willpower, so I doubt it's an intentional feature.

Another thing I noticed is that after I loaded my game both of my characters had 114/83 HP. Not that I mind having the extra HP, but I distinctly remember that before I made the save their HPs were correctly 83/83.

Also the combat music occasionally overlaps with the background music. On their own the music is a joy to listen to, but when they overlap it becomes a potent form of ear torture.

Just wanted to point out these bugs in case they had missed peoples notice.

Last edited by Juhtakoira; 25/01/14 01:31 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Juhtakoira

Also the combat music occasionally overlaps with the background music. On their own the music is a joy to listen to, but when they overlap it becomes a potent form of ear torture.

Had this happen to me too. For the first time, I had to take the music off, instantly.

Then, the Orcs west of Cyseal. They all worked and so on, but during the turns, we noticed that a "Giant Orc Warrior" was not taking any actions. - Indeed, we killed them all and got to this Giant, and it just stood there while we hammered it with spells. The giant only became active when we surrounded and started beating it with close combat.
I would like to elaborate that there have been some other monsters with the same problem; mostly those undead boars, wether summoned in combat or just found on map, they didn't sometimes take action until we went in and hugged them.

Another thing was the Observatory.
After selecting fire elemental for observatory, scrolling down south with camera caused the following to happen;
The floating "plaza" disappeared, and some landscape clipped through the background. As in, not some landscape, but the lava environment which was a part of the observatory's new look.

Last edited by Sily; 25/01/14 02:15 PM.
stranger
stranger
I have, I believe since this patch, a lot of sound troubles. After some time of playing the sound just goes off, everything. I believe this happens only during fights. I have to save and go to main menu and load again.

Another issue is that a lot of boss monster I encountered is not moving or acting at all. They are just standing there and take their beating.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard