Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
veteran
veteran
- In the wizard’s prison, you get the “Entering Wizard’s Prison” message every time you pass the dip in the floor, going either way.

- Sometimes the (Air/Water/potion) Vendor doesn’t have “I’ll take my leave” as one of her dialogue options. You have to click something else to get it to appear.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
When crafting if you take wood chips to a bucket of water, the animation for crafting appears yet results in nothing. No items are used up in this process. Taking the wood chips to a barrel does the animation for crafting and results in mush of wood.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
First i'm playing with a 32bit version of windows 7, so it may explains some bugs.

My saves (when i manage to save without crashing, so half of the time) doesn't correspond to what they say since a little while now. They are someway shifted with other ones. Some doesn't even have an image. I don't really get the pattern.

When I tried to exit the black cavern, with Scarlett dead (I didn't managed to resurrect her), only the two minions get out, my main character was teleported in a room with a chimney, some bookcases and a large empty floor. I think this one is new.

Bon courage !

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Yohdono

When I tried to exit the black cavern, with Scarlett dead (I didn't managed to resurrect her), only the two minions get out, my main character was teleported in a room with a chimney, some bookcases and a large empty floor. I think this one is new.

This is known. If you continue to travel to the right of that unfinished area you will be transported back to the entrance of Cyseal.

S
S
Bug - Content

Priority - Low

There's a chest in an inaccessible place in the town; just SE of the bridge that connects the west gate / docks to the main town, in the gully. I wasn't able to throw a pyramid down there, and there's no other way (?) to reach it.

This might be incorrect - given the random loot table issues with chests, it wasn't a major concern to reach it.

~

Missing Content

Priority - Low

You can learn about three cases where the Watcher Stones gave fatal advice to gullible people (dead jumper [air] / crab telling you about pearl diver [water] / one I forget - from memory, something about poison [earth]). There doesn't appear to be a fourth about fire; added to this, there's no reward / reason for learning this. (If anything, it'd make a nice 'hidden' achievement. e.g. "Watcher's wipe outs")

Last edited by SteamUser; 29/01/14 09:06 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
If you mean the one by the tree you can either:
A) teleport character down to get it
B) teleport chest up onto the bridge

S
S
Originally Posted by lokitrixter
If you mean the one by the tree you can either:
A) teleport character down to get it
B) teleport chest up onto the bridge

Yep, you're correct; I forgot about the teleport spell*.

I've also never attempted to break things with it - I've a feeling this will be fun. Oh yeah.. jackpot.

~~~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - High

Teleporting a static NPC [such as vendors] will result in a fixed teleport to the NW with no criminal / hostility penalties.

You can do this to vendors, and they have a % chance to drop any of their items.

I'll repeat that - they drop can drop 100% of their items, with no criminal / dialogue / reputation penalties.

Edit - on testing, it seems determined by the amount of free space they have surrounding them. The painter dropped x20+ paintings, as he had a x9 grid free around him. Arrow vendor dropped less, as she'd been moved up past the fish vendor to the NW, and only had a couple of squares free.

Level 2 vendor (NE of market) dropped 759 gp, x50 minor healing potions and other assorted crap. Oh yeah...

NPCs who die on stairs don't drop loot. >Sad Panda< Not sure if this is do to with "empty tiles" or just an oddity.

Waitress in the tavern: 850+ gp. Thanks!

Off to test on Arnu, at the start of the game...

~~

Basically - you can kill quest NPCs like this easily, and non-important NPCs tend to drop massive amounts of gp / items (and you can reload if you miss the good loot drop rolls).

Suggestion - yeah, no way should this be able to effect non-hostile NPCs. I am now the richest source hunter this side of Narnia, and you can :cheese: this so you're only targeting the wealthy non-important NPCs.

~~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

If you teleport a NPC who is in the "getting up" animation (requires x2 mages), they receive no damage, but they lose their sprite, i.e. become invisible. Using <alt> you can highlight them as an invisible ghost outline, and their dialogue works fine. Teleporting them again restores their visibility.

~~

And yes, you can kill
Evelyn
from the moment you meet her. It takes quite a long time. She drops:
Bloodstone
House Key
Smelly Scarf
x2 random magical loot

This pretty much breaks the game, since you cannot get the
exhausted star stone
from this point onwards. I've not played around with the linked quests to see how / if the client can handle it, but pretty much broken. I expect Zixx the imp won't appear, but you never know.

So, yeah. Currently you can speed run the alpha in under 30mins, if
bloodstone
= winning wink Do I get a cookie?

Last edited by SteamUser; 29/01/14 10:44 PM.
S
S
Moved over from another thread, useful:

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

It was mentioned that AC / armour had been tweaked - not seeing this in action, starting bow does 1-4 damage on all the pre-town gate mobs. (Advertised - 5-12?).

As an aside - given that there's no mana mechanics now, having the special arrows as fungible is incredibly cruel / unbalanced. At the very least, they should come in quivers with x20 (x12 bolts) uses each. i.e. 1 special arrow item = 20 charges. At the moment, the incentive to use them just doesn't add up.

~

Bug - Loot tables

Priority - Low

Reward chest from throwing giant clam into the ocean can be empty. Looking for other 'generated' chests to see if they're not connected to loot tables. Will restart a game to see if this is a one off.

[Edit]

Tested again - got a single light healing potion, so it's random. Random loot tables with a chance at no items? Ugh.

~

Bug - Character generation

Priority - Low

The male character initially gets x1 resurrect scroll as starting gear (I think?). If you swap classes on both characters (female wizard > ranger, male wizard > fighter > wizard) you no longer get this.
~

Priority - Low

Selecting the "Big and Better" perk (+1 stat) in character generation doesn't give you the +1 to spend. I suspect this won't be available straight off the bat, but interesting.

Reported that you get the +1 on entering game.

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Medium / High

Already been mentioned, but choosing to fight the initial drunk soldiers is now suicidal. However, due to the level =/> 2, you can enjoy unlimited respawns to chip away at them because your second character is coded not to die under level 2. Totally ruins the entire immersion straight off the bat. They also drop no gear, which is a bit meh.

Solution - since they're drunk, they should have massive penalties to hit and their level lowered?

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

Again, it has been mentioned that spells / arrows use LoS targeting, and ignore barriers / other mobs, however it also has issues with heights. In the orc beach assault, attempting to shoot downwards from the road/spur onto the beach (targeting the shaman) results in your arrows impacting the road if you're slightly to the right hand side, because the engine is calcing a direct line from your higher position to a lower position, resulting in the angle being steep enough to impact the terrain i.e. the road / spur has a raised middle and your arrows will not arc at all.

At the very least, LoS should calc this and report that you can't shoot (a better fix would be that arrows have an arc targeting, but...)

Last edited by SteamUser; 29/01/14 11:19 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by SteamUser

Priority - Low

Selecting the "Big and Better" perk (+1 stat) in character generation doesn't give you the +1 to spend. I suspect this won't be available straight off the bat, but interesting.

It is available at the start of the game just not in character creation

Bug - Content

Priority - Medium / High

Already been mentioned, but choosing to fight the initial drunk soldiers is now suicidal. However, due to the level =/> 2, you can enjoy unlimited respawns to chip away at them because your second character is coded not to die under level 2. Totally ruins the entire immersion straight off the bat. They also drop no gear, which is a bit meh.

Solution - since they're drunk, they should have massive penalties to hit and their level lowered?

Both characters can die in this fight. Had it happen a few times. Haven't been able to replicate this not dying thing.

S
S

Both characters can die in this fight. Had it happen a few times. Haven't been able to replicate this not dying thing.

Second char, level 1 = infinite respawns. Tested twice in single player.

And please: you know this is a repost, you replied in the original thread, allow time for editing, ffs. i.e. Having read the feedback from other threads, I'm well aware that some of my reports are false - CTRL+C / V then post, I'll add some updated strike through in a mature fashion. For the record, 15 seconds before your nitpicking, Mr. Man.

Last edited by SteamUser; 29/01/14 11:27 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L

Second char, level 1 = infinite respawns. Tested twice in single player.

Still cannot get this to happen. I have a save right before the bridge to test the Junius/Bibius bug. Both characters died and no respawn.

Also if you know something is false instead of posting the false info, edit the post before posting. You also don't need to get an attitude with those of us helping identify what is and is not a bug.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Selection from my previous post :

- Crash twice when getting close to the jumping chest:
* cast rain on the chest to stop the burning
* get close to it => chest jump away
* flare the chest until it's destroyed
* try to grab the gold from the destroy chest (in other word get close to the chest)
* crash is osiris dialog system access to a null pointer. my guess is that the trigger of the event try to make the destroyed chest talk and the handle is now invalid.

- You can trade gold for gold... with the barter skill you trade it for benefit... ("lets trade my 80 gold for your 100", "oh yes nice trade"... repeat until the vendor is broke)

- No feedback that you gain a talent point. At first I thought it was a perks you choose at the character creation it was done. When you level up the level up arrow on your portrait disapear as soon as you have spent all your attribute and ability point, even if you still have talent point available. I discover it on my second play and just check with my first play there is nothing that indicate that I have 2 talents point left if I don't go to the talents screen.

- Unusued AP seem to be preserved even if you don't use it because of a disable action from the ennemy, well if I stun/freeze/... someone it's not to have him do twice as much action the next round!

- Teelo -

p.s. I had the infinite respawn issue once.

S
S
You also don't need to get an attitude with those of us helping identify what is and is not a bug.

Look at this in a different way: you corrected me and by correctly identifying a mechanic, drove me to test something that no-one else had (I think?), leading to discovering a massive issue. Without your input, would I have tested this? No.

Some of us need whips n spurs, don't take it personally. Without your input, I wouldn't have discovered this issue, which makes your input more important than me just finding out the implications.

So, yeah: be annoyed, but more importantly, feel satisfied, 'cause you generated the idea. smile

Originally Posted by Teelo
Selection from my previous post : <snip>

p.s. I had the infinite respawn issue once.

Thank-you. While the Larian gals/guys are cool, and will read all feedback, it's useful for 'normal' players to be able to read a single thread & note what is-and-is-not intended during an alpha build. It also helps the twisted people who love breaking stuff start testing new things.

Pretty sure (99%) you're spot on about the trigger, btw. Now looking for other triggers you can break & cause 100% crashes - the conditionals are a trigger set to launch and removing the item that it depends on.

Upthread: there's a user called "Stabby" who got a summon to steal items & delete quest specific items on death. I've been trying to think of other ways (barring throwing into the ocean / water) of actually breaking / deleting quest specific items, and (s)he has me beaten. [Teleporting them is no fun].

/metagame, don't take my spikey responses personally so you're a star for taking time to post here. Thank-you! 100% genuine - the 'endgame' of this is a better game*, everything else is kinda fluff smile

*If you can remember that bug in Ultima VII - Serpent's Isle, or the lack of polish / wrap up to the 'Shamino madness' quests, well, you get a cookie. Yeah - poor girl, never got her head sorted out. >sad panda<

p.s.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

Already shown via 'porting chests into water (leading to crashes), but yeah - you can 'port quest specific items into water making them unavailable.

Last edited by SteamUser; 30/01/14 10:14 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
2 small bugs:
- If you hold a two handed Axe, the weapon is wrongly positioned, it's hold with one hand.
- At Character Creation the Skill Description popup dont show if u mouse over the Text u have to hold it slighly left of the word.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard