Next Thread
Print Thread
#480352 27/01/14 01:46 PM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Me and my wife will likely pick this game up because we enjoy RPGS and specifically top down RPGS. My question is about the camera. Are both players locked in 1 screen? When we tried playing Dungeon Siege III together the thing that bothered us the most was that we had to stay annoyingly close together or the camera would lock and often times would have one of us trapped behind debris or stairs and the like. So, my question is, once we log into the game together, if we chose to run in separate directions, would the game stop us? The plan is obviously to stay pretty close, obviously, but we were just curious about that restriction. Thanks!

Support
Support

You can separate and go do different things (one can talk to an NPC as a distraction while the other loots the rest of the house), have one person get into turn based combat while the other runs around in real time, or gets into a separate combat encounter (and the 2 will merge if they get close enough).

The entire party needs to be together in order to switch between map areas (there are 4 or 5 large map areas in the game world), or to use the teleporter system (at least currently; there have been requests to allow people to use the teleporters independently within the same map). At a certain point in the plot early in the game you will be given teleporter pyramids, which will (among other things) let each character easily teleport to the other.

Raze #480357 27/01/14 03:18 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
No, you do not have to stay close together. As Raze said, there will be 4-5 very large maps in the game. So, your two characters have to stay together on the same map, but otherwise you are free to roam on one map completely independently from each other.

Raze #480997 01/02/14 10:46 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Raze

You can separate and go do different things (one can talk to an NPC as a distraction while the other loots the rest of the house), have one person get into turn based combat while the other runs around in real time, or gets into a separate combat encounter (and the 2 will merge if they get close enough).

The entire party needs to be together in order to switch between map areas (there are 4 or 5 large map areas in the game world), or to use the teleporter system (at least currently; there have been requests to allow people to use the teleporters independently within the same map). At a certain point in the plot early in the game you will be given teleporter pyramids, which will (among other things) let each character easily teleport to the other.

Is there a way to split up the party in a way that the joining player gets to control more than one character? Right now it seems my partner is only able to control 1 and I am unable to make any of the other characters follow his toon and he only gets to use one character during combat.

Support
Support

In the current build, the host needs to fire a companion and the person who joined re-hire them (from the King Crab, or hall of heroes if you have access to the homestead). Eventually it should be possible to just transfer a companion to someone when they join.

Link Copied to Clipboard