Yeah. Imagine my feelings when it had already been out for 4 of those before I got my hand on it.
On the other hand, you had 4 years of modders experiences available on the vault, and a patched editor. Because it did have some frightening and work destroying bugs.

I had a head start with the toolset, that allowed me to release a very basic version of Frontières almost the day the game went out (really very very basic, a starting area, and a forest for respawning saskatwans (name of the native goblin tribe. Whatever). It was really a difficult time because there wasn't much feedback yet, and the editor was buggy. How well, fond memories of creating a world.

No worries. I'm of the same mindset. Where my problem lies is in dialogues. I give the player tons of options for interacting based on the different alignments which leads to a serious amount of writing. I also love interacting with the environment and tend to get carried away with that as well.

It seems we seem to seemingly have the same interests. I also had fun adding loads of alignment based opportunities/dialogues effects, random actions and stuff.
Conditions and effects of dialogues in the Toolset were really really powerfull, and were enough to create whole interactive and skill based systems, based on dialogues alone. You will find many many dialogues in frontieres's files.
You could play frontieres for days actually, and still encounters totally new stuff and features in some "well known" areas. But again, going over all the features is pointless here. However, I really really hope I will be able to port frontières to the DOS Engine, this is my DOS modding goal.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere