Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Bittereinder

- The Strongman quest isn't implemented yet, but that's fairly clearly indicated. Just a note: one of the temporary flavor dialogue lines reads 'let me show you who it's done'.

The quest is solvable.

Maybe you didn't managed to destroy the object within the 30 second limit?

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Bittereinder

- The lighthouse skeleton seems to be comically big compared to both your characters and the ghost it used to belong to:

The scale is off in a lot of places. If you talk to Esmerelda when she's at the end of her counter, her head barely pokes over the top, making her look child-sized in comparison.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- Using candleholders is treated as theft. Don't use rain in the tavern ... it gets pretty dark wink

- Had an issue regarding the 'headless nick' quest. One of the guards was, as it seems, too bored of Cedrick's show and returned to her former position making it difficult to interact with the head as it is treated as theft.

[Linked Image]

- Unable to interact with the two treasure chests near the water fall. I could throw the teleporter pyramid on the other side or could use phoenix dive to reach the other side. The problem is if you are on the other side you can't move at all. How are we supposed to get those two treasures?

This is btw a very long distance to throw.
[Linked Image]

You can even pick it up from there standing miles away.
[Linked Image]

Can't move the character, interact with the treasures/skeleton or pickup the pyramid.
[Linked Image]

- If you craft something in a full container the resulting item gets placed in an unreachable position inside of that container. On a side note if you craft inside a container or inside the trading window the crafting is done instantly (no crafting bar delay). I found that very comfortable as the normal way takes up to much time especially if you want to craft a lot of things (As suggestion you could decrease the crafting time for every spend skill point).You can only retrieve the item by using 'take all'.

[Linked Image]

- Filling an empty mug with water turns it into a cup of water instead of a filled mug.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

- The rhyming ghost (Billeh Gahr) inside the black cove can be hit by moving objects even though he's not there. You can't sneak there either because he is still there.

[Linked Image]

- The way to the pirate fight in the black cove was blocked even though the huge skull was gone. I could only get up there by using teleport. Moving down the stairs was no problem though.

[spoiler]I pulled the lever that opens the path first. After that i pulled all the other levers. Didn't try to move up the stairs until i pulled all levers.

[Linked Image]
[/spoiler]

Last edited by Loadrunner; 16/03/14 02:21 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- Earth armor deacreases your health by roughly 80% instead of giving a boost of 24%

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

- Managed to poison an earth demon or it poisoned itself. Anyhow, it did damage to it instead of healing it.

[Linked Image]

- The exit of the watcher statues waypoint is not where its entry is.

[Linked Image]

- At the shore below the watcher statues there are two stardust plants at a rather unusual place (i guess its a leftover from the revamp of that area) where nobody would expect an item. But even though it looks like you can't pick them up there, you can.

[Linked Image]

- There is a strange behaviour with the lockpicking mechanic and pathfinding of the character using the ability. In the example below i wanted to lockpick the door infront of Scarlett. But instead of using lockpick from her current position she ran outside (watch the opened door at the top of the screenshot) to the other side of the door and doing it there.

[Linked Image]

- I encountered a similar problem on the second floor of the tavern. First i lockpicked the the door on the left side and everything worked fine. Then i went for the door in the middle and instead of lockpicking it, she ran back to the door i lockpicked before. When she reached that door she turned around and got back to the door she should actually open and did it then. This also happened with the door on the right side where she had to visit the door in the middle first, before going back and finishing her work.

- The skill flurry has an area of effect which is not highlighted by the newly implemented mechanic that shows the effected area of spells and it can hit your own party members as well. I accidently killed half of my group when they gathered around one orc and Madora used that skill. On top of that you can hit your own character with the ability if you are too close to the target.

As you can see Madora is highlighted as well as Aureus.[Linked Image]
Poor Madora!
[Linked Image]

L
stranger
stranger
L
I have the latest version of the Alpha (I can't find the bug report thread for the latest)

BUG or problem: Have no lockpicks or no skill in lockpicks, and no melee weapons.
When I try to use my bow on the door, the trajectory of the aim is off to the left of the door 70-90% of the time, and I must pick the exact spot on the floor to stand to hit it at all... Very annoying.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I've been playing with a Rogue, and so I try to backstab people. Sometimes the enemy sees me and turns around, and I still have AP left, so I have to move around behind them. That typically costs me 3 AP at my current Speed. Sometimes - not always, I get a 2 AP option, in which the Rogue literally walks right through the enemy.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The resurrection spell brings people back from the Hall of Echoes, but apparently their clothes stay behind. (You show up in just your undergarments, and have to remove and reequip your gear.

B
B
Just cleared out Evelyn's den, here's my latest report:

- Enemies sometimes seem to have a bigger melee range than you, even when it doesn't make much sense (the zombies immediately north of Cyseal, for example). They are able to hit you, but you have to waste one AP to get within reach.
- As someone else has reported, I was unable to use Rain to put out the burning chest:
[Linked Image]

I had to physically destroy it.
- There is still an inappropriate water sloshing sound effect as you walk through the Spark Master cave.
- When you approach, Victor and Richard are just standing around in the cave rather than fighting for their lives:
[Linked Image]

Not necessarily a problem if it's the most elegant solution, just pointing out that it looks a little silly.
- Jehan is still shit. Some of his spells are theoretically decent, but moving around + casting them costs so many AP that the fight is usually half over by the time he contributes.
- Your character says 'careful, I spotted a trap' when there's a mound that can be dug up. It happens near the cherry petal tree north of Cyseal. Also, nothing happened when I dug there, despite your characters stating otherwise.
- As said by someone else, you can move the two chests near the waterfall from all the way across the river:
[Linked Image]

I have no trouble opening them, though.
- It's hard to see the elemental nature of the lower two Watcher statues unless you wiggle your camera around.
- You can see the outlines of the Watcher demons before they're summoned:
[Linked Image]

Again, it's not a big deal if this is the most efficient way to program it.
- As reported by Loadrunner, I managed to poison the Earth demon, even though he should be immune to it:
[Linked Image]

- I'm still a bit confused about Ice Walls and if I'm supposed to be able to hit the enemy/ies stuck inside them or not.
- A graphical glitch occurred after I beat the Air demon:
[Linked Image]

Some sort of bleeding or burning effect appears to be lingering.
- Bellegar doesn't fight back when you attack him, making it very easy to take all his stuff.
- Splitting Arrow's AoE preview highlights party members but they never seem to get hit by them.
- Dietmar leaves you alone until you talk to him, after which he abruptly starts a fight. Not necessarily a problem, but a bit odd.
- Winterbreath's AoE preview is too conservative and it is possible for party members to be frozen even if they weren't highlighted by it.
- You can still only wear one ring at a time, even though there are two slots.
- After you've beaten the first group of cultists, there is some flavor dialogue between your main characters: "It seems our dear Evelyn is trying to protect something - What could be worth sacrificing her life for?" The problem is that we haven't even met Evelyn yet at that point, while these lines imply that we just killed her. I imagine the dialogue is only supposed to trigger after the second fight.
- I managed to hurt myself using Flurry several times. Once, I think I accidentally even used it on myself. If there is an AoE or collateral damage associated with Flurry, that should be more clear.
- Very annoying bug after I returned from Evelyn's den: I am unable to talk to Mayor Cecil, which means there are several quests I can't resolve. I don't know what triggered it. The henchmen trick isn't working, nor is quickloading or going to a different area of the map. My main character has a -10 Attitude penalty with him, but I don't see how that could have caused it.
- There is a bed on the upper floor of the Inn that you can walk through if you click something on the opposite side of it:
[Linked Image]

- Mayor Cecil is trying to sit in his own chair, but the game keeps saying there's 'not enough space' even though no one else is sitting in it:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Bittereinder; 17/03/14 06:55 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Only bug I've run into so far is when I'm leaving the Homestead for the first time, after Zixzax summons me there.
I go through his entire diatribe on fate and weaving, then when I select a destination to depart to from the Homestead, the game goes to loading screen for a few seconds, then crashes to desktop.

B
B
Finished the alpha, here's my final bug list for this build.

- When you Freeze a character that is Knocked Down, they get back up. In other words, the freezing animation doesn't take into account whether the target is knocked down or not:
[Linked Image]

- The game crashed as I tried to enter the Black Cove. I made it in on my second attempt, but it crashed again a while later while quicksaving. Finally, it crashed a third time when I clicked the Homestead in order to leave after clearing out the cove. I am mentioning this because D:OS has mostly been stable for me up until now and this is the first time I've had multiple crashes in such a short period of time.
- I charmed the Source Abomination during the middle of the fight. This ended combat. I then decided to force-attack the abomination while it was still charmed, reiniating combat. It suddenly had all its health back. However, the real bug is this: after killing it and the crabs it summoned, the fight didn't end:
[Linked Image]

I was stuck in combat mode even though there were no opponents. I eventually had to reload.
- Freezing Hard-Shelled Crabs heals them. Why? Is this intentional?
[Linked Image]

- All sound effects in the Black Cove randomly disappeared as I was walking through the skull gate.
- While Phoenix Diving against the ghost pirates, my fighter stayed in the same position even though the game acted as if nothing had gone wrong, with the enemies appropriately affected:
[Linked Image]

I also don't know why Rose has a flanking penalty as my fighter is the only one of my party members supposedly near her. Perhaps it's due to the Charmed Pontius Pirate, but he doesn't appear to be within melee range of her and he's also knocked down.
- Fear might be a little overpowered, I feel like it should either have a shorter duration or be easier to resist. Especially when your opponents are undead.
- My survivor almost killed the Source Nightmare in the very first combat turn, using Split Arrow. I love that skill, but it might be a bit too effective against enemies that are larger than usual.
- I still can't talk to Madora after meeting Desdemona's ghost even though she has a yellow exclamation mark hovering above her head.
- Sam's collar is still in your inventory after you supposedly give it to him.
- One of the lines in the flavor dialogue between Unsinkable Sam and Maxine when you end their quest is 'you are tom of means after all'. The word 'a' is still missing.
- Mayor Cecil update: still trying and failing to sit in his own chair like the idiot that he is. Of course, my final act of the playthrough was to murder him for refusing to talk to me and making three quests impossible to solve.

Last edited by Bittereinder; 18/03/14 07:00 AM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The crabs absorb water damage, so water magic heals them. (That does mean they should probably be immune to freezing, though)

B
B
Water sort of makes sense, I guess, but freezing really shouldn't heal them. I'm pretty sure that if you froze a crab in real life it wouldn't be healed by that. I know the healing effect gets applied to water magic in general, but in the case of ice spells it doesn't make much sense to me.

Making a real-life argument in a world of fantasy magic damage resistances is really not the hill you want to die on.

I would definitely say status immunity to the element related status is good, and keep all damage of that element still as heals.

Does Loremaster allow you to see resistance/absorption types? That should really be a feature of it imo. Or perhaps make it a talent? Nah, should probably be part of the skill.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by YoungFreshNewbie
Does Loremaster allow you to see resistance/absorption types? That should really be a feature of it imo. Or perhaps make it a talent? Nah, should probably be part of the skill.

It did, but the Identify mechanic getting added to Loremaster seems to have broken its monster-identification feature.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Got into combat a few times and I could not use my skills even though I had enough actionpoints and range to do so. I simply could not target the enemy who was standing in plain sight.

Support
Support

If that happens again, see if you can use the portraits at the top of the screen to target opponents.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by LosseVeters
Got into combat a few times and I could not use my skills even though I had enough actionpoints and range to do so. I simply could not target the enemy who was standing in plain sight.

At all? The last big patch introduced a bug like that, but all I had to do was to click basically anywhere and after that it worked like normal.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- You can't cast/renew heal on a character that already is under the influence of a healing spell. If i remember correctly it worked fine in previous versions.

- I found a cudgel whose icon altered between the icon of branch and a cudgel.

- I accidentally combined a pearl with a helmet when organizing my inventory. The pearl just disappeared and the helmet stayed the same.

- I had pathfinding issues with the projectiles of flare spells when encountering tall monsters like the sea spider or the boss orc. In the example below i was not able to hit the knocked down orc with any of the three flare spells i had learned. I am not sure if the source of that issue are the dead orc corpses lying infront or if its the orc boss itself causing the error.

The path preview clearly states that i should hit the orc.
[Linked Image]

The result is something else. On a side note as seen in the screen and shown in the log, the dead orcs did saving throws against the impacting projectiles? WTF?

[Linked Image]

Second and third flare barrage didn't hit either but now the dead orc corpses are burning wink
[Linked Image]

So i moved Scarlett closer to the target but even though she was standing like two steps away she could barley hit him. Like i said the problem could be the dead orc corpse.
[Linked Image]

I encountered the same issue when fighting the sea spider in the black cove where the origin of the problem could have been the dead crab corpse.

- There is an annoying bug causing the currently active character to move towards the cursor position even though your not pressing any button. In my playthrough Roderick always led the group into fights, but Scarlett had a higher initiative so the game automatically switched to her and when that happened, she always moved towards the cusor position without my doing. I ended up with her as leading character, because she always wasted her action points this way.
Another cause for this behaviour are triggered dialogs like the conversation with Billeh Gahr the rhyming ghost. The character you enter the room with starts moving toward the cursor after the dialog finished making this quest nearly impossible to solve. Had to teleport the character onto the trap to avoid the autowalking.

- Infectious Flame vs Strong Flare
I don't know if this is the corrcet place to discuss this matter but in the current state Infectious Flame is underwhelming compared to Strong Flare maybe even Minor Flare. It does less damage, is less predictable in the final outcome (chance of forking vs 4 guaranteed projectiles), has a higher cooldown (6 vs 1 round) and cost the same amount of AP as Strong Flare. In most of the fights i could it only use it once during the encounter, atleast if i could overcome myself to use the ability at all.

- Flurry
I discovered the usefulness of this skill in the current alpha version because mages are more balanced now and you have to rely on your meele fighters alot more. As much as i like this ability i gotta admit that it is a lil bit too strong in comparison to other skills. For a single-handed fighter it's no big deal but give Madorra a two-handed clive or sword and she turns into a hitman. For example if you take a clive with 160 Max Dmg this results in theoretical 1280 Dmg minus a certian amount of absorbed damage. That said Madorra nearly killed the big orc boss with one swing and could reduce the health of the source abomination and sea spider by about 70-80% making these encounters less challenging. On top of the high damage output it even has an area of effect. I know it has a high cooldown but in most of the fights that doesn't matter.

Last edited by Loadrunner; 19/03/14 11:50 AM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I believe I saw something in the crafting spreadsheets about the Pearl being able to combine with inventory items that the Pearl combines to add a "Value_Mod" to the item. I think that may mean that the Pearl increases the items worth.

Fun fact: If you're positioned in a certain way close to an enemy, Flurry can hit the warrior who cast it as well! I don't mind, I think that's kinda funny, and it does show in the skill preview.

Last edited by Stabbey; 19/03/14 01:18 PM. Reason: flurry
stranger
stranger
Never had a problem with flurry, but I've yet to cast Firefly without setting myself on fire. Sure I know, playing with matches and all that, but don't pyromantic fire elementalists get some kind of safety training? smile

The only thing I find aggravating is lack of rigid control of your party movement. Everyone trails somewhere behind the selected character in no particular order, regardless of how they're chained. There's no follow-distance settings, or any sort of formation, so when running into an encounter I have no control over the initial placement of party members, it's just kinda random which really sucks if my mages end up ahead of tanks.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard