Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
F
stranger
stranger
F
Two bugs that I found:

-Sometimes, with no identifiable reason, the sounds stop working properly... the background music keeps going, but other sounds like walking, casting spells, breaking things... they all mute. Only sollution I found was to quit the game, and open again.

- Tried to play in multiplayer game mode with my bf, I stated the game and invited him. The moment he joined the only thing I could do was walk. no interactions worked. Couldn't pick things up, open crates, cast spells.. in fight I could only give up my turn, could not even walk.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Just got the beta. When I started the game (for the first time ever), during the opening/introduction, a message appears in the center of the screen covering up the cinematics. The message is "You or your partner has gone and done it! It seems your party member needed a break from your bad behaviour..." etc...

Cannot click on the "Accept" button either to get rid of the message.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That's a bug from choosing Lone Wolf during Character Creation.

I've got a new one:

I went to see Evelyn in the clinic first, the stone zapped me to the homestead. I went back and talked to her, and when I said "I'll take my leave", she said "Considering the imminent turn of the tide Source Hunter, you're better off dead. Braccus Rex will soon rise again!"

She didn't attack me or anything, but every time I say "I'll take my leave", she says that.

Last edited by Stabbey; 05/04/14 10:48 PM. Reason: bug!
apprentice
apprentice
Sorry if I didn't read every single post, I DID do a forum search though.

1. When I am using a mobile kitchen to cook potatoes for example, the boiled potatoes simply disappear instead of going into my inventory.*Fixed?* I have a mobile kitchen in my inventory now.

2. When I drag a bowstring onto a bow, the bowstring disappears. At one point in my save they used to upgrade the bow.

Last edited by dopefisher; 06/04/14 03:50 AM.

ok
journeyman
journeyman
Lore skill is bugged - look at my savegame below; One of my main characters (Zoe) who picked up lore skill in character creation cant identify anything, and it doesnt matter if i increase her lore.

On the other hand if i add lore skill to smb else - for example to one of companions then it works and he can identify items normally

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16059268/DOS/market.zip

stranger
stranger
Since there doesn't seem to be a search option on the forum I'm not sure if this has been reported already.

If you sit on the bench in Cyseal (near the wooden platform by the boat apparently being repaired [the NPC with the 9in nails, hammer, etc.]) when you stand you are placed between the bench and the wall behind it and stuck there unable move.

The only solution is to reload an earlier savegame.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Sorry if I haven't checked every post--I know I'm likely reposting bugs that have already been listed. Just wanted to list which bugs I've encountered so far.

- Target/hit boxes are too small on enemies. When trying to click on them for an attack, half the time I end up wasting points walking around them.

- Music (I know this one has been mentioned). 80% of the time, me and my SO end up playing the game in complete silence as the sound doesn't work. It'll cut in here and there, but it usually makes for an awkward time.

- Quests aren't updating properly, and the journal isn't very helpful. I've probably done a handful of the quests backwards because of the lack of proper guidance. (Not a bug. Still Beta. I'll remain optimistic.)

- Husband is playing a Cleric. For whatever reason, his heal doesn't always work on allies. Will show the animation, and that the spell was used, but other then that, no benefits.

The BIG problem I'm having right now is with the church.

- Getting to it the first time was easy, no problems. However, I saved before ___________ and when it was done, I went to move around the church, and the game crashed. This happened 3 times before I went through the scenario, and as soon as it was finished, I grabbed _______ and tele'd out of there before it could crash. I saved. Then we tried to go back so I can see if _________ would trigger the next step in the quest since nothing was updating, and every time I get close to the church, the game crashed. Absolutely nothing I can do here. We've tried doing it with my SO in game, and without. Tried doing it with just sending my characters to the church and looking elsewhere on the map, and it still crashed. So I'm at a loss. (I used a lot of "_________", because I don't want to give anything away. The major thing here was the church. If the church was involved, doesn't matter what I was doing, the game would crash. frown )

There are more, I'm pretty sure, and I'll probably update this post as I continue. I'm optimistic about the game, despite the frustrations. Haha.

- Murphy! I was greedy and dug up David's grave. Poison everywhere. Murphy died, so I res'd him. Could still talk to him. But then he was dumb and ran into the poison again before I could get rid of it. I res'd him again, but now I can't interact with him. (I'm a dog lover. ): )

- Was completing the light house quest, but when I went to talk to Des, Madora bugged out. She now has an exclamation mark over her head, but I can't interact with her. (Stop being jelly, Madora.) ((I think there was a topic about this one, actually.))

Last edited by Kaellya; 06/04/14 03:06 AM. Reason: Added Bugs
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
- After visiting the murder scene, Madora has something to say about evil magic. Both my characters agreed that magic was fine and useful. Madora's response contained gibberish characters or codee characters at the end of her lines.

- Some kind of bug happened when I tried to pickpocket Esmeralda using Rank 2 Pickpocket. I failed, and after that hovering over someone in Sneak mode brought up the dialogue bubble, and instead of pickpocketing, I started talking instead. Leaving and re-entering Sneak mode didn't help.

veteran
veteran
There's a bug with + HP items, which don't actually add health to your character, but only raise the potential maximum health (while awarding no actual health). However, that's not the bug. The bug is how these items interact with the process of loading games.

I have an item equipped that gives +12 HP. Every time I load a game where that character is completely healed, he is down 12 health and needs to be healed. It seems +health items are being equipped and calculated by the game after the reload.

Changing + HP items to actually add the health advertised instead of just raising your maximum potential health (without actually giving you any) would solve that problem, and make + HP items less annoying as well.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Fanest
before we reloaded savegame it worked OK, but when i reloaded and he joined in he was unable to take control of any companion

Did you ask a companion to leave the party, and have your friend re-hire them?

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
If you take Lone Wolf talent after taking Raistlin, it will replace health halving of Raistlin. So you will end up with 180% health and double AP, instead of 90% hp and double AP.

Taking both talents should result in a net 30% bonus, since the effects do not stack (or at least that is how they currently work).

Originally Posted by Snakeox
During evelynn's fight i killed

There should be another way to continue the quest, but I have not tried it that way (he might have a diary, or something). In any case, you wouldn't miss much.

Originally Posted by Fedayin
I still haven't been able to use the report tool because it cant find my game smirk

You can use the the D:OS support tool to generated a report.zip file, and email it to supportdos@larian.com, along with a description of the problem. Someone Friday said that mailbox was full (if Larian didn't fix it then, they should on Monday), but you can also use the general support email: support@larian.com.

Originally Posted by Suhiira
If you sit on the bench in Cyseal (near the wooden platform by the boat apparently being repaired [the NPC with the 9in nails, hammer, etc.]) when you stand you are placed between the bench and the wall behind it and stuck there unable move.

You can move the bench out of the way.
In single player, if the characters were chained together and the other kept going until they got to some stairs (ie in the inn or mayor's house) or a hatch, using it would teleport the other character to them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Divinity Original Sin BETA v1.0231.0 Texoru Bugs List

- The “rush” skill is bugged as sometimes the character will overlap or inside the enemy bubble space. There is also another bug where it will not go into the destination until the end of the turn the character will move up to their destination where it meant to be. Another bug with it also when interrupted by poison or fire surfaces the action will stop and the character landed on that surface but the skill still hurt the enemy from that distance as if my character is on the main destination.

- The “Fire Ship” quest triggered when exploring the left hand side of the walls to the chest.

- The exclamation mark between the two main characters can’t be intractable in the Homestead when teleported by the red stone from Evelyn’s house.

- Robert’s schedule arrest was fixed in alpha but now it’s back to the guard came out of his room and left out of Robert’s room.

- Freeing Robert from jail bugged as his not escaping or say’s anything, only he walked out of the jail door.

- You can still gift Robert’s some gift, where there should be no trade option with the prisoner.

- Orc Body armor has no visuals

- Evelyn’s secure box is locked but I have the key for it. Though when hitting the secure box a few times and now it’s unlocked when trying to interact with it again.

- Sounds of the game will be out of sync or sounds won’t play at all until you load a game or restart the game

- It’s impossible to target a “Tiny Twin” when they are knocked down. (Targeting works on the end of their body)

- Snorri quest is still broken though now you can drag the tomb lid properly. Though no Snorri anymore.

- Esmeralda’s interaction behind bar should be improved as it’s difficult when she is
behind the counter.

- When Richard is resurrected from battle and the battle ends, Victor still thinks Richard is dead.

- Characters still do an extra random animation attack

- Fire should melt ice to water instead of creating a fire surface.

- The “Unlocked” and “Locked’ text should appear when the player start their action on the door.

- Vargo banishes to the tree

- Resurrected animation happened twice when selecting the resurrected character while the first animation wasn’t completed.

- Cecil still have the “Not enough Space” bug

- The dying orc in black cove has animations problem as the orc start from dead on the ground

- The giant footprints still need to be worked on as it’s not implanted properly to the ground or in under water surfaces

Crashes:

- Picking up a health potion very quickly from chests, book shelves, barrels etc. will cause a crash.

- Crashed after the battle have ended with fire demon.

- Crashed when entering Black Cove from the beach.
All been sent to crash report.

Gameplay Improvements:

- When the main characters have been teleported by Evelyn’s red stone, Evelyn’s dialogue should add “Where have you been, I saw the interaction between you and the stone than you suddenly vanished”. Though I know the main quest still need allot of polishing to do as it’s broken right now on BETA.

Game braking bugs:

- This bug hasn't been fixed yet from alpha. When targeting an object or character by holding control than canceling the attack the animation will stop but the action will still be proceeded.

- This bug also hasn’t been fixed, when a character ends their turn in combat with their inventory UI screen up it still can be accessible [Glitch that a player can take advantage Of]

- The sounds in game and music are out of sync or sounds stop working, this bug was used to be only in Black Cove but now in some places the sounds will stop and be out of sync. You must load the game or restart the game to have sounds again.

- There is this serious bug where characters will do an extra random animation attack

- Enemy undead mages appear to use their attack spells at a random directions or at a dead AI bodies. It’s also not just them its other enemy’s that have attack spells.

- Enemies with attack spells are sometimes bugged as they are doing the animation but no animation of the fireball or any hit to the character.

- Sometimes picking up items will delay as you have to wait for the animation to finish to pick up another item or if you aren't close to the object.

- AI are still confused of characters gender

- There is something wrong with the balancing inside the cave of the machine. Richard, Victor and the skeletons can be killed in one turn. You have no time to save them unless you brake the quest as shown on my screenshots.

- The characters or enemy’s doesn't react when surfaces is burned, poisoned or electrify until it’s their turn. Alpha it was immediately when it should be.

- When AI are resurrected the AI still think they are dead (Yes, I killed Victoria to test it out and during combat with the machine), maybe they should not allow certain NPC’s to be resurrected.

- Characters can still walk (though sliding) when they are still doing spell\skills animations

- When using “Lightning Strike” the character moved to another position (spawned)

- The main quest is broken when entering down the “Ancient Tomb” in the church, where Jake and Thelyron will not appear in the town or in Evelyn’s lair (where Jake should appear but it wasn’t the case).

- Portals still can be glitch through by passing with teleport pyramids. (I have not tried phoenix dive yet)

- Constant exploration bug with Jake when you are done talking too Jake in his grave.

- Thelyron Undertaker’s hut quest is broken, as its not updated on the quest log or I can’t confront him or tell the Captain that his missing with evidence (Thelyron Diary)

- After talking to Desdemona Modra will have the “!” on top of the head for the rest of the game

- Charlene quest is bugged as she forgets that I already told her brother Tom has died.

- You can teleport Braccus Rex when the dialog of Braccus hasn’t been triggered than combat starts.

- I have not recruited the two companions but when the stone teleported my main characters to the Home Stead, I went back to recruit the two companions than head back to the Home Stead than return to normal grounds, Modora and Jahan “!” dialogue appears but they have never heard the conversion between ZixZax with the main characters.

AI Combat bugs:

- Lady Annah AI is bugged during combat she tends to keep running away and healing herself.

- Undead Mages tend to stay in one spot without doing anything or running from combat

- The AI Cultists are mainly focusing killing Jake

- When some enemy’s end their turn they faced the other way.

Features or NPC’s that I notice they have taken out from Alpha:

- NPC’s with the fishing Rods have been removed.

Suggestions:

- There should be an indication of your weapons loosing durability, also it will be nice if they add visuals of your weapons and armour to see if they're worn, damage or badly damage as it will visually tell the player to repair the item or time to go back to the towns. As still there is no indication that you know your items will be broken until you figured it out in battle. (This is truly a must)

- As many suggested the repairing system need to be changed, make it more useful instead of downgrading the weapons and armour as it drives players away from using that skill. Make the repairing system more balanced and exciting such as you can make the weapons and armour upgradeable by adding more iron to it or what not to make it more durability, sharpness (damage), adding elemental effects, etc. which also can take an effect of your repairing skills to be used more efficiently for the player to put in.

- Change Repairing to Blacksmithing? If they decide to make the items to be upgradeable instead of downgrading it.

- The staff should also be used as a range weapon too but with lesser range than the bow\crossbow. They already added a nice feature with the ground attack so it does make the staff useful but it still need to add a range attack (Instead of using animations spells from the hands).

- Weapons with elemental\poison damage should have visuals or effects around the weapon that it will actually tell the player it's an elemental weapon (Fire, Ice, Water, Air and Poison). So far they added the visuals effects only when attacking the enemy by seeing a minor effect out of the weapon. This will truly help the immersion of the game. I always forget my weapon is an elemental weapon and realize that my weapon type heals the enemy, so I have to open up my inventory screen to see why its the case? So I switched to another weapon. (This is truly a must)

That's it for now will add more later, but most of these suggestions are currently missing for the players to understand and not wait until something happened for them to discover, they need to be more aware and be prepared what's to come.

Conclusion:

The game is getting allot great and I'm surprised that you are adding more depth to the story and make it more interesting. The disappointing about the BETA is the main quest is broken at the moment but hopefully in the next current build we will see more in depth with the main quest. It's also currently has many crash issues but I send them all to report.

As always, Thanks Swen!

Last edited by Texoru; 07/04/14 09:47 AM.
veteran
veteran
Fishing rods are still in.

Originally Posted by Gyson
There's a bug with + HP items, which don't actually add health to your character, but only raise the potential maximum health (while awarding no actual health). However, that's not the bug. The bug is how these items interact with the process of loading games.

Standard RPG behavior. If it would allow +HP equipping and unequipping them gives free health. That's why such systems only raise max HP.
However if fully healed, and after loading your HP is lowered by this "+HP" then yes, that sounds like it's an unintentional bug.

Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter

Wow I'm so blind, maybe the two fisher man has put me off searching for rods and it's also shown one of my screenshots.

R
stranger
stranger
R
When I entered Cyseal, Arhu was talking to me, but facing away from me the whole time during the dialog.

One other suggestion, which may just not be implemented yet: If the characters are linked (following), I would like to be able to switch between them in the sale/transaction screen. It makes since if they are not in the same area for this to be disabled, but if they are linked it just makes it easier to unload all loot and stock up each character.

Beta looks great in the first 15 minutes or so that I have played so far!

Stabbey #487621 06/04/14 02:11 PM
D
Dom Offline
stranger
stranger
D
I got a few, don't know if mentioned before. The cows in the first town are allied with you so when I attacked a few villagers the cows came to my rescue XD It's pretty cool but doesn't make much sense. Also, the tutorial message about the first dungeon displays twice if you go the southern path after defeating the enemies on the beach.

Also mentioning that the optimization has improved as I can now run the game, good job Larian smile

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
- I got the “You were absent from the last battle” affection dialogue even though both Source Hunters were present, and in fact Josephina cast several buffs on Edward. I did have JAHAN start from outside the battle to see how the ballistas would work in the beta, but he joined after a round. That dialogue should only show up if one of the source hunters misses the entire thing. If they participate for one round, it shouldn’t count as being absent.

- Skeleton archer in graveyard tunel still shoots into the ground.

- Graveyard tunnel: I broke Edward off from his comrates to try and sneak behind the skeletal scorcher. I think I turned invisibility on too late because the fight started. The rest of my party was considered to be involved in the fight even though Edward was unchained from the rest, and the CLOSEST party member to him was 25m away.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter

Originally Posted by Gyson

Standard RPG behavior. If it would allow +HP equipping and unequipping them gives free health. That's why such systems only raise max HP.
However if fully healed, and after loading your HP is lowered by this "+HP" then yes, that sounds like it's an unintentional bug.

Actually, it doesn't have to be implemented in a way that it can be used as a free healing device. If you have 10/60 HP and you equip an item that gives +20 HP, you should go up to 30/60 HP. If you then take damage and are down to 15/30 HP and remove item sporting the +20 HP bonus, your health goes to -5 and you die. That's because the HP boosts items are always tacked on to the end of the characters health pool, so they're the last to be chewed through when damage occurs.

I've seen games that do exactly that with + HP items and temporary health boost spells that specifically warn you of that danger. It's more of a "phantom health" design.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard