Originally Posted by Vometia
Randomly, I'm reminded of the two rather pervy chaps I encountered in the mine tower in Ego Draconis many levels before I should've done. That was annoying, and I almost threw my computer out the window in irritation, but it was such a sense of achievement when I eventually pwned them. It was quite disappointing when DKS put them off-limits until I was supposed to find them.

That would've never happened with PC level offset, which is ultimately just an anticlimax.

And I'm reminded of the time when I was playing Game-X and reached the much hyped Encounter-Y, only for it to turn out to be a completely disappointing cakewalk because my opponents were so far in level below me.

And, honestly, I'm not trying to be sarcastic with "Game-X" and "Encounter-Y" labels.. it's just that it's happens so often that I wouldn't even know where to begin when picking an example. It's just that common, far more common than the scenario you described, and is becoming more so as developers create an increasing number of games that err on the side of being too easy.

Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
There is no problem.

Also to your first post on this thread;
Pretty sure they stated there's a levelcap.

No, not in the sense you're thinking. There's just a finite amount of XP opportunities.