Wow.

/circlejerk beats sourced information these days. I hope Larian doesn't think their code is "irrelevant" or that their balancing formula are "just shitty math".

I'll make it simple for the peanut gallery:

Permanent world without active <spawners> that are range triggered = you can't have level scaling[1]. Hint: this is D:OS code atm.

Even if you could, given the tightness of level ranges [20 or 30 potential capped level], making level scaled <spawners> for D:OS would be fairly useless, and not worth the effort, given all players will reach them within 2-3 levels variance.

Level scaling =/= Character Level = Monster Level.

Now, if you don't understand that, then that means you've never coded a game. Luckily, I have.

Gyson, bless his cotton socks, obviously has... not.
Playing Diablo does not make a game coder of you.
But you all love him, and will mock the person who knows better, so enjoy! smile

p.s.

Character Level = Monster Level == level scaling. THAT IS COMEDY GOLD. ((MMO devs lololololing atm))

[1] With 20 years experience, I'm trying to think of a RPG that had a) permanent world and b) active range <spawners> that scaled to level. I'm drawing a blank, perhaps the /circlejerk could enlighten me to one that does / did / will do?

Originally Posted by Gyson
...because I'm not going to waste more time trying to explain that you're misinterpreting the system.

You're going to believe what you're determined to believe.

Math & knowing the code & knowing the editor = misinterpreting the system.

Vrs

Vague quoting of game fluff articles about "how balanced Skyrim's scaling system is now post-patch". Paid for by Bethesda PR -.-

Fuck me Americans are deluded.

Gyson, the only chance at RPG development you ever had passed when Kingdoms of Amalur publisher Studio 38 went bust. And he was a baseball star, you know. Muppet.

Last edited by SteamUser; 10/04/14 11:17 PM.