They have inherently different systems in those games, where in BG2, every enemy is a threat, because damage could not be reduced most of the time, you could only improve your armor rating to increase your chances of dodging a blow. This is not the case in Divinity: OS, where damage can be nullified entirely with enough armor, to the point where those mobs that you went past in level do little to no damage. It is a very troubling problem to try to rectify in the game if it were to be approached, where trying to make the mobs under your level matter in combat to an extent, without having them feeling like all the trials and tribulations your character went through to reach such a high level was wasted because they are turn out to be just as difficult as they were previously. The line is there where trying to scale the game can easily cross from being too difficult to being too easy for the person playing the game as well as the person coding it. Realistically, I don't think Larian can implement this at this time, with the budget they have, and at the quality that its fanbase would want it to be at to make it actually good. The resources just aren't there I think, though I do wish they were.