Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Yeah, I just think the lever doing that while the trap is still depressed (and thus constantly reset/re-activated) is the bug.
As said; different train of thoughts.

@ Vometia; True, but most definitely seem triggered by simply stepping on it, or of course the well known puzzles where you need to keep weight on them at the same time.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Yeah, I just think the lever doing that while the trap is still depressed (and thus constantly reset/re-activated) is the bug.
As said; different train of thoughts.

That's a perfectly valid way for a trap to work, but it doesn't reward the player for clever thinking in trying to disable a trap, so I don't prefer that solution.

I think that in some areas there should be somewhat heavy moveable, unburnable objects like rocks or statues which you can move to place on things so they won't get destroyed when hit by fire, or in some instances you could move them to block fireball traps.

They don't have to have big flashing arrows pointing to them, you may need at least STR 7 to budge them, you can make the player work to move them from a different room or 100m farther away, or make them have to pass by the traps at least once, they don't have to be around for every trapped area, but I think those kinds of things placed around will offer more clever solutions to dealing with traps BESIDES "I hope you have a skill that lets you teleport/rush over them" and "No? You'd better stay behind".

EDIT: Unrelated to the above, but there's an annoying issue when trying to target surfaces. It's technically not a bug.

Destroyed barrels count as objects you can target, so if I want to target an ooze surface with a flare, or a water surface with electricity and there's a barrel piece anywhere near where I'm trying to hit, I could harmlessly hit the silly piece of barrel with fire or electricity when I was aiming at the surface

You can't do anything with destroyed barrel bits, so is there some way to make them not considered targets?

It doesn't help that Blitzbolt is "sticky" and likes to target people much more than surfaces, making aiming tricky in some cases.

Last edited by Stabbey; 15/04/14 02:33 PM. Reason: targeting surfaces
veteran
veteran
- The skill "Farseer" does literally nothing at all. I had my mage in the lead, could see the edge of the shroud, and cast it on himself, and the edge of the shroud remained the same. Also, if all it does is +5 sight, then this skill is completely worthless, because your default sight range is longer than you can cast or shoot. I checked and you can't cast it on the shroud to reveal it.

This skill needs to do something else. Possible other things:
a) Increase your attack range for ranged weapons and spells
b) Remove Blind status from a target
c) Let you target enemies obscured by smoke
d) Let you see invisible enemies.

- Even reading the list from the patch which shows the skills for areas not in the beta, Earth Elementalist has literally only 1 skill which does Earth Damage. Come on, Where's "Skipping Stone", where's "Stalagmite"? May as well remove Earth Resistance from the game.

- Missing skillbooks for sale in town. These are skillbooks that sound like they'd be really helpful, but aren't available:

Ranger - Treat Poison
Ranger - First Aid
Ranger - Doctor
Water - Burning Immunity

I really like the beta, but something keeps disturbing me.
Are they still going to improve the elemental effects? I mean that for example now I can chill or even freeze a foe even if he is standing on a fire surface. It would be better if a water spell would put out the fire surface directly below (and next to) the foe first, and allow to freeze only with the 2nd ice attack. Or if a burning character goes into water or ice surface, it should put the fire out and melt the ice next to him..
I also have seen that some things seem to work fine:
In the trap house it was nice to chill the characters so that they were able to go through the fire without burning.

But I'm sure this is work in progress and will work better later.
Just wanted to mention. hehe
Nice Easter!

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
veteran
veteran
In the Black Cove, the orcs versus Skeletons fight starts before you make it up the stairs. Your party starts out of position at the bottom, and need to waste their first turn just making it within shouting distance. This makes the fight a lot less challenging because the Orcs are almost entirely wiped out before you get into position to attack anyone.

I preferred how it worked before when the fight was revealed and started as soon as you made it up the stairs.

I love the new Source Abomination fight. It’s immune to a ton of stuff and has a lot of nasty attacks of its own. It does seem to target my mages with status effects geared towards fighters though.

Unfortunately for me, my Dual-Enchanter build, which had been rolling over most encounters so far was basically useless against this guy. All I can do is Blitzbolt, Headvice, and Staff of Magus it.

veteran
veteran
Idea: When the Source Nightmare in the Black Cove is drawing water from the sea, that should heal it somewhat, making the fight harder. It does hit really hard if you let it, which I appreciate, but at 4 on 1 it dies fast. I actually let it live a couple more turns that I didn't need to to see what it would do.

Good idea with the summoned spiders, but there was only one at a time, and my mage could three shot one of them by poking them with his 20-30ish fire damage staff.

old hand
old hand
How do you guys deal with crafting when your inventory gets really full? For instance, let's say I want to grind a bone. The mortar and pestle is not an ingredient, so I can't simply click on my ingredients tab and combine the items there. It seems like the only option is to go to my unfiltered inventory tab and try to locate my items there, which can be rather tedious. Am I doing this the hard way, or is that the only way currently? Thanks.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
Same as you.
Hard way is the only way currently...

veteran
veteran
Same as you.
Hard way is the only way currently...

Yeah, that's one reason I'm hoping for something like a crafting tab.

veteran
veteran
Well, the ingredients tab *is* the crafting tab, they just should allow more items to appear there (knife, mobile kitchen, mortal and pestal... that about sums up 75% already).

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Aside from the myriad of misc bugs (some of which are near-gamebreaking, but I'm patient), I got to a point where going anywhere outside town makes me crash.
My feedback is: this is an ALPHA.
Beta is something that has any amount of bugs, but actually works.
I suggest you delay the full release, because this game sure as hell isn't ready in a week, and you don't want to face a massive critic fiasco (especially since the content is good, I'd be a shame to throw away everything just out of bugs).

veteran
veteran
Well, the ingredients tab *is* the crafting tab, they just should allow more items to appear there (knife, mobile kitchen, mortal and pestal... that about sums up 75% already).

Not a bad idea, but you're wrong. Also crafting ingredients, and with other inventory items, not just world items:
  • weapons
  • clothing
  • armour
  • potions
  • scrolls

Originally Posted by Falcus
Aside from the myriad of misc bugs (some of which are near-gamebreaking, but I'm patient), I got to a point where going anywhere outside town makes me crash.
My feedback is: this is an ALPHA.
Beta is something that has any amount of bugs, but actually works.
I suggest you delay the full release, because this game sure as hell isn't ready in a week, and you don't want to face a massive critic fiasco (especially since the content is good, I'd be a shame to throw away everything just out of bugs).

Have you reported this in the Technical Issues thread and sent in the file generated by the report tool? (instructions in that thread)

old hand
old hand
Ah okay, thanks. I was thinking that something like a hotkey to begin a crafting attempt would be helpful. For instance, ctrl+right click on one item, then click on a second to attempt to combine (similar to how the attempt to identify is "sticky" and allows you to switch tabs.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
stranger
Hey all,

I've played alpha only a little but now I spend a couple of hours in beta and I honestly think that this is going to be one of the best RPGs ever created.

But there are things which should be added or changed:

- Add pause button, (if there is one I haven't find it).
This really needs to be in the game, not only because almost every solid party based RPG has it, but there are some very annoying moments without it. For example, when you finish the fight and the whole party stands on the burning or poisoned ground it would be really nice to pause the game and give order to each character to go to the safe place, then unpause it and watch them all go at once.
Without the pause button it happened me a lot of times that after the fight I've been running away from the poisoned ground, but my party was too slow to follow me out of there and 2 or 3 of my 4 party members have died because of that..

- Add button to sort items in inventory.
Even though the inventory is divided into several categories there can be a huge mess. A button which will simply move items to the blank fields and sort all weapons together, all armor, etc. would be nice.

- Change the way how nearby NPC characters act when player is in a fight. It's weird when all the enemies and player characters stand waiting for their turn, but other NPC characters nearby are doing the same stuff as before.
I can't fight the monster at the graveyard because when I do there's poison at the ground and Murphy (Jake's dog) is still jumping and running all over the place and always gets killed by a poison.

- Why the oil doesn't start to burn when somebody who is burning stands in it?

- When I ask Victoria in the library if I can take any books she says that of course I can, but when I do, she is pissed off and asks me what the hell I think I am doing. (Guess that's a bug) smile

So that is my feedback for now smile

Support
Support

Better party AI in next week's update should at least help with your example for wanting a pause button.

That is a bug in the library.

veteran
veteran
Still, a pause button would help when issuing commands like trying to click on a rat which will not. Stop. Moving. I know there's co-op, but co-op games can have pause, the kind the partner could cancel.

Even if oil doesn't burn when someone burning stands in it, I think at least it should start to burn if someone burning is knocked down into oil.

EDIT: I have an idea about Lockpicking:

What if when you open a locked chest without destroying it, you get a bonus roll on the treasure table equivalent to +1 Luck? This represents NOT destroying items by smashing chests open, and rewards opening it carefully by use of a key or lockpick?

This makes opening them by magic less appealing and not free.

Though there have to be a LOT more chests in the game which do not have keys for this to really work, and this doesn't sound like the kind of thing you can decide on a case-by-case basis, so even though sometimes there's a key in plain sight next to the chest.

Last edited by Stabbey; 19/04/14 12:36 PM. Reason: lockpicking
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by MichiGen
I can't fight the monster at the graveyard because when I do there's poison at the ground and Murphy (Jake's dog) is still jumping and running all over the place and always gets killed by a poison.

He he. I think that is by design. There is a trick to that one. wink

Good feedback though, and I think a number of those things are in the works.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
There's a pause button (you can even set it in the key configuration screen), but like "loot all" (spacebar) it's simply broken at the moment.

I know if I make a water surface on the ground, enemies don't get wet, but they do if I use knockdown on them. Not the same with water and burning enemies? If so, yes, that should be added (on knockdown, not just walking over it).

Well, I am somewhat suspecting they will remove keys from ALT highlight. That should make lockpicking way more valuable since most of those keys are almost impossible to find without the highlighting, but with highlighting now you can find all keys so easy lockpicking is indeed worhtless.

veteran
veteran

I know if I make a water surface on the ground, enemies don't get wet, but they do if I use knockdown on them. Not the same with water and burning enemies?

I just tried it before posting that, and I'm sure I tried it before elsewhere.

Well, I am somewhat suspecting they will remove keys from ALT highlight. That should make lockpicking way more valuable since most of those keys are almost impossible to find without the highlighting, but with highlighting now you can find all keys so easy lockpicking is indeed worhtless.

Just removing ALT highlighting from keys isn't good enough. That works for maybe one or two playthroughs until you find the hiding spots, and then it's back to worthless again.

I don't disagree with removing key highlighting, but that also has its own issues in that even keys out in the open which you are meant to see easily can be hard to see.

EDIT: You know what? I think Lockpicking can get its own thread.

Last edited by Stabbey; 19/04/14 04:20 PM. Reason: lockpicking
veteran
veteran
I also know if someone is burning and I knock them in a water place it will go out and they go to warm (oops). Also, obviously a typo, my post should have read "not the same with oil and burning enemies"?
If so, it's definitely a bug.

Sounds about equal to Deus Ex; where lockpicking, multitooling and computer gets less useful when the next games you know the keys and codes smile.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard