Im confused about why you think there were no hints about needing a larger party. To get out of the gates, the guards will literally say "stop, you are too low level, you don't have enough people in your group". Did you play the game a few months back when this wasnt implemented or something?

I was STILL getting nagged at level 10, because I took lone wolf.

In terms of difficulty, the game can be pretty brutal at the start due to the lack of skills. When you try again, I seriously recommend trying out the Raistlin / Lonewolf Wizard / Warrior build. Your wizard goes fire magic for attack, water magic for defense. You buy some basic fire magic skills as soon as you can, as well as a healing spell. To fund this, you need to go on a stealing spree stealing whatever you can from peoples houses (paintings and golden cups for example). Your warrior takes shield and one handed, his job is primarily to soak up damage. When you have levelled up a bit, you can start buying decent buff spells from your mage that turn your warrior from a meat shield into a ridiculous 20 action point buffed unstoppable demon from hell.

The raistlin lonewolf build means you don't have to worry about dealing with two extra party members, and your two playable characters are very strong to compensate. You get more skill points to distribute giving you more flexibility.

If you can find the heart to play again at release, I recommend trying the build (unless Larian nerf it first).

Last edited by chimp; 29/04/14 12:55 PM.