Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RtM
Look some people love bush and other dont. I mean back in the 70's/80's it was all the rage. Not now though. People tend to trim or remove it completely. So maybe D:OS should move with the times. Make the sneaking more aerodynamic.

I think you totally just ended the debate, since this is a throwback game BUSH it is!

veteran
veteran
Seems you get your wish... although that snowman is anything but serious either.

And personally, I'm loving that smile

stranger
stranger

A
addict
addict
A
In new beta you can turn into other objects as well, like stone or barrel. Very nice smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by PeteNewell
So if I'm following along here, just so I'm sure I understand, you're playing a game with

* were-sheep
* talking rats
* fuzzy bunnies with attitude
* arthritic skeletons
* back-firing, disfunctional love potions
* wizards who prefer to be cats
* cats who prefer to be sailors
* integrated rock-paper-scissors as a plot mechanic
* desperately needy talking crabs, and melancholic giant oysters
* a boss named Pontius Pirate
* axe handles and occasional sword hilts the size of fence posts
* googly-eyed explodey suicide skeletons
* a Tapestry of Time watermarked "Stub" (I still miss that)

...and that's all well and good.

But you sneak by disguising yourself as a bush, and that's where you draw the line?
That's just not funny anymore?

All right, then. Carry on.

And now remember that this vanilla campaign is played once and then forgotten. But user created campaigns, maybe ones inspired by actual hard fantasy writing and settings will want this thing to be gone because they will have NOTHING of the things you listed there. I am sure the first mod you will see will remove this feature though...

People are rightfully worried that this may be hard-coded imo, just like that rock paper scissor thing (which by the way, I think is not as bad as anything else you listed ,p) As a mechanic it's neat. It gives a nice thrill when the AI personalities disagree with you and push you into a fight you may not have wanted, and all because you failed at rock paper scissors...

And campaigns who don't want this, likely will do behind the scenes dialog checks anyway and not allow this minigame to popup at all.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I doubt the first mod will remove this, the first mod will add the Metal Gear box as an animation, so it will be even more silly laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard