I know that the cartoon look of parts of the game is an intentional part of the design. I appreciate that the games quirky look and feel is important to the game's designers and they will have strong artistic and emotional attachments to it.

I also appreciate that it would be a huge amount of work to change the look. This is, quite reasonably, not something that the games designers will have the time, resources, or inclination to look at pre-launch.

Many players however, will like the game in spite of this cartoon look rather than because of it.

Any chance of running an open competition for the playing community to produce Gritty Models of monsters and spells / monster abilities?

The competition could be in two rounds

The Larian team set the starting brief.

In the first round People send in their designs. Larian review the designs and select the ones to go through to the second round. This will ensure a consistent theme / style across the game.

In the second round the playing community get to vote on the designs that they prefer.

The winning designs are then modeled by Larian.

Winning designers get bragging wrights, some kind of formal recognition that they can put on their CV's for budding games designers, and something from the Larian goody-bag.

What do people think? Yes or No?

Last edited by tom8a; 02/06/14 02:02 PM.