Originally Posted by PeteNewell
Originally Posted by Gyson

So.. I'm looking at my response to you, and then looking at your response to me, and wondering how in the heck mine warranted yours.

...snipped...

That is really the only part of my statement that I think could have been taken the wrong way. If that was the case.. maybe just ask me to clarify next time?

You're correct. The heavy sarcasm was pointless and probably unwarranted. I've had a shitty week, and I lost it momentarily and unloaded. My apologies.

We differ fundamentally on the nature of single player games and the relationship between players and developers in the use of such games.

I have mostly given up on arguing with the opinions you are presenting on these issues - for one reason or another it almost never goes anywhere productive. I should not even be reading this thread, let alone contributing.

Thank you for the restraint in this case.

It's really not my business, but you might consider using it more widely; I don't think the exchanges of vitriol reflect well on anyone involved.

And I'm obviously in a glass house regarding lack of restraint, so ... stopping now. Again.

No worries. There are four individuals (not you) on this forum who I have long lost all respect for because of their rude behavior and/or lack of maturity, and I'm never surprised when they show up in the center of some trolling and mudslinging. For them I have generally adapted a "treat as treated" policy.. which would account for the lack of restraint on some posts and not others.

Thanks for the explanation. smile