Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
stranger
stranger
S
I dono how you will access this - do you know to come here when the problem is solved .--. I might not be back ;0 ENJOY THE GAME THAT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY! I reckon this is better than Skyrim -!

Stay true to the roots you were born onto - not where you came from
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by SatPhnx
Okay, so I made this account to get back to you because i had an issue with it as well - the exact same one in fact - the bottom right logo spins once or twice and then yeah- it fails -

SO WHAT I DID - was initially read the read me file that came with the install - and while you're not aware of this I solved the problem by getting the brand new nvidia PhysX drivers after uninstalling the one that I currently had installed.

Then: I launched the game and this whole amazing interface which was so different to Original Sin popped up!

Enjoy the game - this is how you'll work it - i tried compatibility and all that at first - but it was the Physx all along --

MUCH <3

You must know this account was created just to help you- By the by: CH[F]uck Steam and Gabe Newell

This man is absolutely right and it's too bad no one said so after he posted the solution.

So many games will install PhysX on you without you noticing, some because they do so silently. It's not like XAudio2 where you have 8 different XAudio2 drivers DLLs and an engine will call the one it wants. You only have one version of PhysX installed at a time and what works for one game will not work for another. I suggest having the newest version and the "legacy" version around at all times so you can quickly switch between them as your games require. PhysX is great but a lot of engines are picky about which one they require. The older version of Divinity 2 required an old version of it, but the Developer's Cut will work with the very latest from Nvidia (same version bundled with the latest comprehensive display drivers).

Can we please me this our canned solution for this problem? Installations do not corrupt that often, so the Steam verity check probably isn't going to achieve much, and if a reinstall works, it's only because you've also reinstalled a compatible version of PhysX.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard