Originally Posted by Gyson
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
Sure, Lierian is flawless, as it has always been...They always delivered on time, right, so it can only be valve's fault.
I can't believe I have been checking every 15 minutes this "there by a minute" shit. I hate myself for falling into it again, what a stupid impatient asshole I am.

I think when it gets to the point where Larian is making repeated public statements on *Valve's* site, making it clear that Valve is responsible for the delay, you can feel fairly confident that they're being honest about that. Valve doesn't often let claims like that go unchallenged when they're not accurate, as they have zero interest in being a shield or punching bag for another developer.

While I agree with you that it's probably Valve's fault I can't recall a time a developer posted a claim like this, blaming Valve, and they challenged it. Do you have a specific example of that? Also if they were going to challenge it I'd think they'd need more than several hours to do so. This stuff with the editor is pretty recent, did you expect them to challenge a claim mere hours after it's posted? They're probably not even aware of Larian's comments at this point much less had time to refute them.