Originally Posted by SniperHF
Originally Posted by Nightblaze1
Uhuh... I'm am just going to test my luck and hope that what I am downloading is the final game. The main reason for this, is because I will be going to be soon, so when I wake up in the morning the download will be finished. This is better than waiting, and starting the download tomorrow. Either way - if what I am downloading now just turns out to be the beta, then I will have to start another download fresh in the morning anyway. :P

My understanding is that the EA version will be updated with the rest of the files. So you will probably only have part of the game downloaded.

Ah, you may be right... I wonder if to download the entire game, it can just go on top of what I download... Since, apparently the full game will be 10gb as per below.

Originally Posted by LordCrash
The existing keys will not be revoked. It makes the transition a lot easier. We indeed planned originally to destroy them but since the large majority wants a Steam key, that doesn't really make sense as you would have to re-download everything (10GB). That's why we adapted our approach.

From Larian on kickstarter 30 mins ago! smile

Maybe, my un-educated method of downloading it now will pay off - so then tomorrow I will only have to download the last 2.8gb?