I have to admit that this two month delay for non backers feels like a low blow. Hell even this one day delay for backers is starting to feel a bit like an underhanded plot to not so subtly shove us towards Steam. And all this gets dropped on us without warning on the supposed release day. As a GOG and DRM-free supporter this all feels a bit like a kick in the gut. Not to mention the Larian Vault version of the game was quietly and indefinitely postponed, cancelled maybe. I understand Larian are a small team and all that, hell I even understand Steam Early Access is great for Larian but it seems like this is all going a bit far now. All these things might have been taken in a more positive or understanding light if you didn't just drop them on us on the damn release day without any bloody warning.

I am slightly upset over this whole mess with Alpha/Beta keys and GOG keys and the damn discs being Steam.....I am genuinely starting to feel like us non-Steam users are being treated as completely expandable(again, this wouldn't have been as bad if clearly and openly communicated more in advance). I am feeling a lot of things right now, but these questions have been hanging over the GOG and DRM-free release for well over a month but instead of communicating that there might be an issue and openly saying there might be a significant delay all was kept quiet and the questions ignored.

The biggest problem I see right now is that I don't understand WHY the public release of DOS on GOG has to wait for GOG galaxy and who's imposing this delay, Larian or GOG? Now I do agree original Sin has been lacking exposure and a proper fanfare and wide exposure as part of GOG Galaxy's initial release would do Larian a lot of much deserved good and all would be completely understandable and forgivable but please, TALK TO US Larian, when you leave us in the dark and then pull the proverbial rug from under our feet THAT's when things start to look very shifty and the worst kind of backlashes happen.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 01/07/14 12:41 AM.