Originally Posted by wibble
Originally Posted by Oathed
Rather silly imho, and detracts from the immersion for those of us who actually want to play pretend and not just play a game.

To each their own. I'll be the first to pay for a mod to make it go away. I'd rather just a grey-ed out crouching tiptoe animation or no sneaking at all.

But I respect those who like it. Just like I respected the hell out of Xxlolarthasninjaxx when I met him. Then I walked away.

Then let's leave it this way. Instead of asking Larian to tone down their imagination... you can all just wait to have your 'offending' materials removed by the community.

But I for one wouldn't dream of getting rid of it, and would feel if were it to be taken out, that a large portion of it's charm and appeal would be removed at the same time.

The animation is very much indicative of the flavour the game is trying to relate and I feel that it's a breath of fresh air.

You're probably the majority. The devs are allowed to have a little fun, it's their baby, after all. I don't think any halfway reasonable person would seriously expect Larian to change this just b/c I and a few others in the minority didn't like it.

So yeah, modders, eventually. In the meantime we can all enjoy whatever it is about the game that we individually on our own, enjoy. Just don't yell at people "how can you not possibly enjoy the things that I enjoy??" Some people enjoy rocks moving with legs sticking out. Others don't. Some people make up backstories about their characters and name them "Aleandra Joniferus II". For others it's "Lolball McSticklebuttdick." Oh well.

The devs did a good job. The game is a success and it'll make money, which is what matters. Eventually I'll have my WH40K Chaos Gate remake and it'll be glorious and awesome and immersive and there'll be a joke in there that I'll enjoy and other people won't.

Til then, cheers, have a beer and let's kill some monsters.

Last edited by Oathed; 02/07/14 10:54 PM.