Originally Posted by Gyson

OP, I'm assuming you've already tried out the hard difficulty setting? Keep in mind that the current difficulty settings have more of an impact on Warrior types than Mages (so if you have a mostly caster-oriented party you're not going to be too concerned with the increase hit-chance penalties, for example).

main rogue and mage hybrid, so i think im a bit influenced, id say
not sure how much

That said, having a few levels over your opponents will (unfortunately) make combat a lot easier.

yeah this is the most problematic part

Since the other people responding immediately went to level scaling, I will say that I'm in favor of a level scaling system that bumps opponents up near the party's level, but does not lower opponent levels to match the party (meaning you can still get in over your head while not having to worry about content being wasted on trivial encounters you can faceroll).

yeah this is a decent idea, even though i think it would be enough to make enemies not so much hindered by the level difference

If the current freedom is to remain intact there aren't a lot of solutions beyond level-scaling opponents.

well one could be to rise some bosses... like you said if ppl cant kill them already they could go elsewhere since the game allows to do so