Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
My problem was that I checked out the trapped hill and got close enough to the top to teleport the chest down below most of the traps, so I didn't get close enough to see the mound of dirt the scroll was buried in. Basically I got punished for being clever and getting the chest without putting myself in danger. I proceeded to wander around for a while and then checked a strategy guide which mentioned the hill, so I went to the top the second time and found the scroll.

One big issue I think is that there is no visual clue that there's a whole new zone inside this cabin. Maybe there was some hint that there was a portal in the house, but I don't really recall. I suppose I went to Hiberheim for the well quest, but I didn't really piece together if or when I would be going there again. And since I had just discovered a brand new, huge zone, Luculla Forest, I wasn't really expecting to suddenly enter another big zone right away. Based on their last Kickstarter update, I'm sure Larian is working on clarifying this and other confusing parts of the story.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I'm new here, looking for stuff on the Luculla Mines. Having frustrating time in Luculla in general. Have to agree this is more difficult than Cyseal, and somehow I ended up not doing the mines right after freeing the White Witch in Hiberheim. So I did all this exploration and other quests only to find I should have done the Mines first thing right off, since this was something important to Icara.

But even some of those quests (namely Infiltrating the Immaculates) were apparently "out of order" too. As in, to do x, you need y. As in somehow I triggered the attacks on the Home/Shelter place, and also the Void Demon place, and I needed tenebrium weapons and hadn't been to the mines. So I had to leave that quest, to finally get to the mines (which was NOT the Troll King Mine). Phew!

Now, I am in the mines. Trying to sneak past the Death Knights using my thief (Wolfgar). So far, so good. Wish me luck.

Wouldn't say Luculla forest is unbalanced, but would seem so if you end up skipping an entire region first which got me during my first full playthrough as well.

I knew I could kill thems shrooms, but being a nice guy I decided not to weedwack 'em.

I ended up exploring the entire Luculla forest including the mines up to the deathknights before I backtracked and eventually found the other way to open the barrier.

When I was finally at the WW area, I was a wee over leveled. rpg003

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
That's exactly what happened to me on my first playthrough. I talked to the mushrooms, then I did almost all quests in the forest before finding that silly scroll. Some of the quests were really hard at that point, however later on the game just got too easy. I do appreciate the non-linearity of the story but still -- a few more hints would have been helpful.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard