Originally Posted by inc

its okay that my warrior does 40 damage with some rare axe while my mage(which was intended to be a healer but has fireball to be able to burn stuff) can hit 6 mobs at same time for 65 damage + burn so yeah go compare 40 vs 390 damage + all the burn damage afterwards which would be atleast 50 on each mob so thats 300 more so basically 690 damage in one button click vs 40 damage, sure i may be exaggerating but theres some truth to it.

Yeah, those numbers sound legit. You are only exaggerating slightly for effect. Let's look at one of my early saves for comparison.

The closest I have to the mage damageoutput is from level 5, so I'll take that for comparison purposes.

At level 5 (and yes, on hard), my STR 10 2H warrior using a blue level 4 2H sharpened weapon does 75-120 damage per 4AP swing (slashing 46-75, fire 7-11, +30% 2H, +10% leadership), and can be boosted for +50% damage for three turns with a level 1 witchcraft spell by a party mage or use power attacks for +25% for a 5 AP swing in the circumstances where the hit percentage allows (basically when knocked down in this case). He's also got Dust Devil (6 AP, cooldown 5), for a 60-97 slashing,7-11 fire AOE with radius 3m. The damage is reduced by armour, which means that effectively it is somewhat less than the figures listed, but on the other hand the attacks can also crit (and at this point the character had a 10% crit rate)

(When he gets to town he'll get a better level 5 weapon crafted, but this save was at the lighthouse and he'd just leveled, so I'm afraid that for this comparison he's actually doing less damage than he would, if his equipment was up to date.)

By comparison, my INT 11 mage's best singletarget is 36-40 fire or 38-41 air for 6 AP, and his best AOE at this point is small fireball (7 AP, cooldown 7 at this point), for 48-58 fire damage with radius 4m and a 45% chance of burning.

The big difference for both singletarget and AOE early in the game is that the mage's damageoutput has the disadvantage of being wimpy, costing much more AP per point of damage, but has the advantage of a 100% hit-rate, not being centered on the mage, and being able to take advantage of elemental status effects on the battlefield.

BE THAT AS IT MAY, if you claim that your 2H warrior is only doing 40 damage at a point when you are doing ~65 damage with a fireball, you are not just exaggerating for effort - you are either incompetent at using your fighter or, which seems more likely, making numbers up out of whole cloth to support your position, which is plain ridiculous. hahaha

Last edited by Peter Ebbesen; 09/07/14 02:29 AM.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.