Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Blyr #514545 09/07/14 07:37 PM
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
oops

The bowstring actually adds a 23%-24% boost in bow damage (at level 18).

Level 5 blacksmith + crafting at level 18 yields a 92-183 damage bow. Adding a bowstring boosts it to 114-228. It also boosts elemental and tenebrium damage on the weapon.

So hardly a 5% boost

Last edited by HauntedPast; 09/07/14 07:43 PM.
Blyr #514558 09/07/14 07:45 PM
veteran
veteran
I guess they just forgot to add "strong sinew" to the crafting recipies. Two strong sinews should become a better bowstring.

I never cared that much about numbers anyway, I have to admit. Game is easy enough at level 15 onwards (on normal) to not really be dependent on whether your bow makes 180 or 220 damage. wink

Edit:

Oops? Did you find one yourself? :P

Last edited by LordCrash; 09/07/14 07:49 PM.

WOOS
Blyr #514563 09/07/14 07:50 PM
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
yep after reloading a ton, which really shows how screwed up the RNG is (had to buy mine from the Silverglen guy with a really feminine voice, Mikhail)

and yeah, I'm not arguing that the game is hard (because it isn't), but when they do up the difficulty I hope they don't forget about things like this

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by BlackMarch
TBH I've just said fuck it regarding skill books, gold and crafting materials. The systems are just too poorly balanced and you never know what you might need, so using forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=574269&sid=910a5ca3019a66ac292813666a362f40 i just spawn a million gold right off the bat and hoard everything I can.

Or spawn more of an item if I need it. I don't like cheating but with a lack of alternatives/respawns this just seems to be the only way. If you have one sinew you can use this to multiply it.

The only way for what? Cheating is cheating and sucks balls. I haven't even reloaded once in this game in more than 60 hours because it thought my loot was "bad". You don't need good loot. And you honestly don't NEED sinew if you can't find it. A bowstring makes a bow maybe 5% better. That's it. You can live without, be assured. I even often forgot to improve my armour, swords and stuff for hours...

It's not that simple for players. If a player invests character development points into crafting then I think they're going to be understandably frustrated if a lack of materials prevents them from using crafting in a meaningful way. Particularly because the fault lies not with them, but with RNG itemization.

When you say something akin to "who cares about crafting?", you might as well be saying "who cares about limited character development points wasted on crafting?", and I can guarantee you the players who wasted those points do care very much.

Gyson #514628 09/07/14 09:14 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gyson
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by BlackMarch
TBH I've just said fuck it regarding skill books, gold and crafting materials. The systems are just too poorly balanced and you never know what you might need, so using forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=574269&sid=910a5ca3019a66ac292813666a362f40 i just spawn a million gold right off the bat and hoard everything I can.

Or spawn more of an item if I need it. I don't like cheating but with a lack of alternatives/respawns this just seems to be the only way. If you have one sinew you can use this to multiply it.

The only way for what? Cheating is cheating and sucks balls. I haven't even reloaded once in this game in more than 60 hours because it thought my loot was "bad". You don't need good loot. And you honestly don't NEED sinew if you can't find it. A bowstring makes a bow maybe 5% better. That's it. You can live without, be assured. I even often forgot to improve my armour, swords and stuff for hours...

It's not that simple for players. If a player invests character development points into crafting then I think they're going to be understandably frustrated if a lack of materials prevents them from using crafting in a meaningful way. Particularly because the fault lies not with them, but with RNG itemization.

When you say something akin to "who cares about crafting?", you might as well be saying "who cares about limited character development points wasted on crafting?", and I can guarantee you the players who wasted those points do care very much.

Well, it's a "big" exaggerated to compare a whole mechanic (with dozens of recipies)and a single recipie...

It's a bit like to make a mountain out of a dust speck. Of course I can understand people who don't find enough sinew but would like to make their bows better, no question. I also wrote that I think that strong sinew should be an ingredient for crafting as well. But overall, it's really a "small" issue imo... wink

WOOS
Blyr #515258 10/07/14 12:15 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
I think its guite "unbalanced" with the improvements of the bows. I mean if you find a sword you go to the wetstone and improve it and you are happy. Even if you would need some iron bars or so you could go to a furnace and salvage a weapon for the material. Why cant we at least just salvage bows like the other weapons?

shazor #515387 10/07/14 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by shazor
I think its guite "unbalanced" with the improvements of the bows. I mean if you find a sword you go to the wetstone and improve it and you are happy. Even if you would need some iron bars or so you could go to a furnace and salvage a weapon for the material. Why cant we at least just salvage bows like the other weapons?

Agreed, the same salvage mechanics should apply to all weapons.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard