Originally Posted by Tanist
Originally Posted by LordofBones

I'm sure that one point of dex is really going to matter.

...Rest of your argument...

It is if I am a dex/int build. It has an effect on the successful use of a spell (see the penalties/bonus on the spells?) and one point could mean being able to use it with some reasonable means, or not at all. Then there is dodge... which I could be balancing out points into dex to reach a certain level for my build. By the way, I swap weapons quite often to use various skills and abilities. It is because the abilities are very powerful in hybrid builds. I play on hard btw and I think the game is too easy. Maybe I am playing wrong?

You are doing exactly as I said you would. You are rationalizing and making excuses as why it is not ideal. Each step you are claiming your argument is correct, because people are playing wrong if they don't agree with you.

If you have to give numerous excuses and exceptions to make your argument, it means your argument isn't sound.

Just admit it. You play a certain way and think everyone who does not play your way is wrong.

You haven't even backed up any of your arguments so far, dismissing mine because I'm pointing out why they aren't ideal. That is the entire point of it! How can you argue about something without providing factual statements to back up your argument?

A Dex/Int user with equal stat distribution (assuming one even exists), faced with a dagger, bow and a staff with the exact same abilities, will always benefit more from the dagger because the dagger and bow work well with all skills, while the staff has no synergy with any skill or ability in the game except for Staff of Magus. You can't use Razor's Edge or Eye Gouge without a dagger, you can't use Barrage without a bow, but you can use Oath of Desecration, Summon X, Small Fireball, Teleportation, Wildfire, Fortify, Absorb, Minor Heal and so on without a staff. Hell, using bows and daggers actually consume less AP than a staff while dealing more damage, VASTLY more in the case of a dagger and lolbackstab.

I've been opening the game to back up my arguments, comparing tooltips and so on, while you've dismissed them on the basis of me actually backing up my arguments with facts? Have I wandered into bizarro-land?

No, seriously, please tell me why my argument is wrong. Tell me if I'm missing something. Because so far you haven't done anything more than vaguely dismiss my arguments.