I had this issue when I went to respec my warrior character into Tenebrium weapon skill to find out that I have lost the Whirlwind skill forever.

Seems like as other people have mentioned the only way to acquire the skill is through dust devil from character creation or through the hand placed Whirlwind Skill book in that basement. I looked everywhere reloading saves at vendor repeatedly never appeared phoenix dive is very rare but it does appear on vendors whirlwind however doesn't.

I got around this problem by editing my save file and this took a while and its a very tedious process.

You need to download Norbyte's unpacking tool found here:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505777

• First respec make sure the character relearns at least one skill any skill and save inside the Homestead (this makes it easier to find the character).
  • Find the save folder in my document -> Larian studios -> divinity -> Playerprofiles -> [profile Name] -> Savegames.
  • backup the save folder in case you screw up.
  • open Norbytes unpack tool.
  • Click file open LSB/LSX go to the save folder and open Globals.lsb.
  • click the arrow next to characters, then characterfactory, then characters, click on the first listing.
  • the screen the the right will have a property labeled "Level" with a value like "CYS_BlackCove" or "Cyseal".
  • this is the tedious part start scrolling (use arrow keys) down the list until you find a value "Homestead".
  • click on the arrow and if you see "Player Data" and a long list of "Registered Trigger" you have found one of your characters.
  • scroll down until you find "Skill Manager" expand the arrow look at the skill(s) by scrolling down if you should be able to identify the character by the single skill present.
  • if it isn't the character repeat the above process until you find it.
  • when you have found the character that needs whirlwind in the expanded "SkillManger" tree right click on Skills" and select clone node do the same with a "TimeItemAddedToSkillManager".
  • The Cloned node should appear at the bottom of the "SkillManger" tree
  • Click on the Cloned "Skills" on the right screen Change the MapKey Value to Shout_Whirlwind.
  • next select the cloned "TimeItemAddedToSkillManager" and change the mapkey value again to Shout_Whilwind change the mapValue to 48331.00.
  • go to file and save and overwrite the globals.lsb in the save folder and load the game and you should now have Whirlwind in the character's skill list.
  • alternatively you can have Shout_WhirlwindStart and mapvalue 6974.00 for Dust Devil.

Last edited by VikCachat; 14/07/14 03:40 AM.