Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Z
addict
addict
Z
I totally agree with you JandK.

Originally Posted by JandK
Does it hyperfocus on one thing and ignore that those players likely have other issues? Sure. But it also manages to convey what the poster is trying to say, which is that he feels like too much attention is being given to the wrong things, and that he feels like his wants as a consumer aren't being met. Largely because he feels like the game is meeting the wants of a different subset.
Yeah. I love the new kissing animations, Halsin's kiss is well-done and the Karlach one is tender af, but even I recognize these changes should be put in lower priority. One could argue they're easier to implement than the "more important stuff" but it's no wonder Larian is being accused of "pandering" when this is what's being added into the game.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
veteran
veteran
It's just like daddy Halsin said grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Mademan1137
Maybe at least give us the ability to revert to patch 2

So thats the good patch ? I have a pretty complete collection of GoG versions and was wondering to which I should upgrade.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
Originally Posted by Mademan1137
Maybe at least give us the ability to revert to patch 2

So thats the good patch ? I have a pretty complete collection of GoG versions and was wondering to which I should upgrade.
That was the Patch that fixed more than it broke smile
IIRC it gave us trade as the default setting at merchants.
Mirror of Secrets? Kissing? Meh - who cares ...

Last edited by Buba68; 15/11/23 01:52 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Any eta on hotfix? It's impossible to progress act 3

E
stranger
stranger
E
"Why does Larian not pander to my specific need? Don't they know I'm their biggest costumer?"
Seriously, there are many people reporting performance issues, but I'd imagine those are more difficult to fix than the kiss stuffs.
I'd rather Larian take a bit of time to actually fix the programming problem than breaking it further.
I also understand it's probably hard to give a precise eta but some progress report would be nice.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by eabevella
"Why does Larian not pander to my specific need? Don't they know I'm their biggest costumer?"
Seriously, there are many people reporting performance issues, but I'd imagine those are more difficult to fix than the kiss stuffs.
I'd rather Larian take a bit of time to actually fix the programming problem than breaking it further.
I also understand it's probably hard to give a precise eta but some progress report would be nice.

At this point, I’ve stopped playing the game until they fix the numerous errors, both graphically and artistically. I’m a big ascended astarion fan and his romance is so broken I can’t bring myself to play it due to the immersion breaks he has. I know there are other issues too and I really hope Larian are taking notes because, at the moment, it feels like the game shouldn’t have been released.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Darkangel1211
I’ve stopped playing the game until they fix the numerous errors, both graphically and artistically.
u bought it, didnt u?
thats enough for mr larian
maybe u even bought it during ea, thats even better
these days testers dont get paid, they pay for right to test :kekw:

just imagine something like vtmb becoming goty 2004 still having all of its bugs :kekw:

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by freezeme
I’ve stopped playing the game until they fix the numerous errors, both graphically and artistically.
u bought it, didnt u?
thats enough for mr larian
maybe u even bought it during ea, thats even better
these days testers dont get paid, they pay for right to test :kekw:

just imagine something like vtmb becoming goty 2004 still having all of its bugs :kekw:

Yeah, under the assumption that it was a finished product. I kind of miss the days when you bought a game and that was that.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Yeah, under the assumption that it was a finished product. I kind of miss the days when you bought a game and that was that.

Back in my day we have to walk to the gaming store, in the snow or the rain and buy a physical copy of the game. (If we could get one) Then bring it home and install it on the PC using actual physical media. Hell we had to actual open a small book and READ to get information about how to play the game. Plus we had to keep the media in the drive while playing. Then we had all this storage space we needed in our gaming room, shelves lined with the boxes all the games we own.

Life was hard back then. Was even worse before when we need to swap out disks multiple times to load a game and they came on a crappy media that broke if you held it wrong. When we got CDs and DVDs we LIKED IT.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Zentu

Back in my day we have to walk to the gaming store, in the snow or the rain and buy a physical copy of the game. (If we could get one) Then bring it home and install it on the PC using actual physical media. Hell we had to actual open a small book and READ to get information about how to play the game. Plus we had to keep the media in the drive while playing. Then we had all this storage space we needed in our gaming room, shelves lined with the boxes all the games we own.

Life was hard back then. Was even worse before when we need to swap out disks multiple times to load a game and they came on a crappy media that broke if you held it wrong. When we got CDs and DVDs we LIKED IT.

I’ll never forget when Spyro the Dragon was first released; it seemed like everyone wanted it and my mum went to a game store and found the last copy they had. She said afterwards I was super lucky because that was the last one they had in store and, you know what? It felt lucky!

Kids nowadays will never understand how that feels…

F
stranger
stranger
F
join the dark torrent side then!
so u can try a game however long u want and then make a decision about "to pay or not to pay"
actually it makes way more sense sometimes
lets say u wanna play arcanum, u gonna buy it using steam?
troika is bankrupt for like 18 years, no money will go there

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Please, no more advocacy of piracy on what is an official forum for a game developer. That’s not okay.

Also, let’s try not to derail the news thread for a hotfix with general chat and feedback. People are welcome to create threads elsewhere on the forum, or join in one of the existing threads, for that.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
Well, there is no such thing as a bug free game. Not back then, not today.

Especially not in a game like this, with insane amount of content and options. Such a game wouldnt have been possible back then.

So getting patches is awesome. That it lead to the attitude of some companies "let it get fixed with the client as tester" is sad, but I'm not under the impression that thats Larian Studios attitude.

Obviously Larian will make a definitive version of the game. Any problem remaining after that will then have to be solved through fan mods.

Originally Posted by Buba68
That was the Patch that fixed more than it broke smile
... which is ?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T

Especially not in a game like this, with insane amount of content and options. Such a game wouldnt have been possible back then.

So getting patches is awesome. That it lead to the attitude of some companies "let it get fixed with the client as tester" is sad, but I'm not under the impression that thats Larian Studios attitude.

Obviously Larian will make a definitive version of the game. Any problem remaining after that will then have to be solved through fan mods.

No one is saying that a game is expected to be bug free. What is the issue is how many bugs are being fixed in every major patch. 1000+ fixes everytime shows a game that was not tested properly.

Your statement saying "solved through fan mods" is all well and good, if you are on the PC. That doesn't apply to those of us on the PS5.
Thus why I feel we need a separate forum for PC and PS5 because we are not talking about the same game experience in all of these threads. Hell, one look at the UI of both games clearly shows it's different.

Last edited by Tom Imp; 16/11/23 05:35 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Tom Imp

No one is saying that a game is expected to be bug free. What is the issue is how many bugs are being fixed in every major patch. 1000+ fixes everytime shows a game that was not tested properly.

Your statement saying "solved through fan mods" is all well and good, if you are on the PC. That doesn't apply to those of us on the PS5.
Thus why I feel we need a separate forum for PC and PS5 because we are not talking about the same game experience in all of these threads. Hell, one look at the UI of both games clearly shows it's different.
Well said. Actually I think you are right here. Cloud gaming Ps5 and future Xbox should have separate forums. Because clearly pc owners don't understand the our problems. And we are constantly get bashed.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Tom Imp

Well said. Actually I think you are right here. Cloud gaming Ps5 and future Xbox should have separate forums. Because clearly pc owners don't understand the our problems. And we are constantly get bashed. They will never understand that not everyone has access to mods or roll back to previous versions.

B
old hand
old hand
B
HUGGZ for all PS5/Mac users!
I feel for you being at the end of the cue of fixing bugs due to your niche status. I think PC Linux gamers are the same sort of pariahs as you are ...

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
I’ll never forget when Spyro the Dragon was first released; it seemed like everyone wanted it and my mum went to a game store and found the last copy they had. She said afterwards I was super lucky because that was the last one they had in store and, you know what? It felt lucky!

Kids nowadays will never understand how that feels…

That was back when pre-ordering meant something. The stores got limited quantities shipped to them and if you wanted a popular game near launch day you had to preorder. Even then we did not have to pay full price for the game, most stores charged you $5 for the initial order and you paid the balance on pickup. Plus you could get a refund if you found out the game sucked before you picked it up, just tell them you did not want the order and they gave your $5 back.

Back then Beta testing was not something you paid for the "privilege" to do. You had to apply for Beta testing and where expected to fulfill the testing requests the company sent you. If you actually did the work you where rewarded with a free copy of the game. Today you pay to beta test, have your feedback ignored and your reward is a few extra days access for the full price of a game before it really was close to being out.

Not everything from the old days was worse than today in gaming.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard